Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Thoughts about X

Dilip

Addicted member
Credits
Do think that X is far from what Twitter used to be? Twitter was a reliable platform to talk about things, get updates and find new people and topics. Sometimes I feel that X is not Twitter at all.

Advertisement Placeholder
Under Elon, X is definitely worse than it was in the past as Twitter. There's a reason so many companies no longer have ads on the platform, I wouldn't want my business or website to be associated with a platform that allows hate speech. Elon says it's "free speech" but the second you start to criticize him he'll remove your posts or suspend you from the platform.

Under Elon, X is definitely worse than it was in the past as Twitter. There's a reason so many companies no longer have ads on the platform, I wouldn't want my business or website to be associated with a platform that allows hate speech. Elon says it's "free speech" but the second you start to criticize him he'll remove your posts or suspend you from the platform.
Twitter has always been full of hate speech though and studies have shown that any rise in hate speech since Elon took over has been greatly exaggerated.

It has always been a cess pool. What I find funny about the criticism of Elon removing or banning criticism(rightful criticism IMO, as it is petty) is that the old management did the SAME exact things but didn't get the same criticism. Hopefully he sticks to his mantra and doesn't work with governments to censor users, that's the definition of fascism.

Back to the subject of old Twitter, I have always hated it. I feel it is the reason for so much mental illness.

Last edited:
I think x is a million times worse than twitter.
They show you post about stuff you disagree with now to get rage reactions and more views for the few far right wing companies still paying for ads.
Major accounts and even Elon have broken the rules with no consequences. No one gets banned for calling people the hard R any more.

It’s a cesspool now and a million times worse then it’s ever been.

Twitter used to be kinda edgy with the jokes but now it’s just hate and not even attempting to cover it up with jokes.

All these parody accounts with checkmarks everyone tryna to get impressions using bait for ad money it’s ridiculous.

I rarely used Twitter back in the day, and then when I went back to it after several years (back in 2020), most of my Twitter feed devolved into political rhetoric and propaganda. Then Musk rebranded the site to X, and it's just a complete crap show. I've since stopped visiting the site.

I think x is a million times worse than twitter.
They show you post about stuff you disagree with now to get rage reactions and more views for the few far right wing companies still paying for ads.
Major accounts and even Elon have broken the rules with no consequences. No one gets banned for calling people the hard R any more.

It’s a cesspool now and a million times worse then it’s ever been.

Twitter used to be kinda edgy with the jokes but now it’s just hate and not even attempting to cover it up with jokes.

All these parody accounts with checkmarks everyone tryna to get impressions using bait for ad money it’s ridiculous.
That's how it always was though. It's how social media keeps people addicted by sprinkling in things to make you mad.

It used to be heavily biased with tons of leftwing hate but now it has hate from both the right and the left. Funny how people haven't figured out the left and the right are fundamentally the same.

That's how it always was though. It's how social media keeps people addicted by sprinkling in things to make you mad.

It used to be heavily biased with tons of leftwing hate but now it has hate from both the right and the left. Funny how people haven't figured out the left and the right are fundamentally the same.
No it hasn’t. Twitter used to only show your a timeline of people you follow, now the main time line is random post mostly with stuff you disagree about to make you open the tweet, reply, like replies, etc.

And it’s even worse now with ad money being paid to people who are engagement farming by posting fake stuff, or rage baiting people.

And you use to see edgy jokes sure but now you just see people calling people hard Rs with no repercussions.

This is verified account that receives ad money and such these tweet have all been reported multiple times.

This post isn’t really about left or right so not sure what you point is about that.

No it hasn’t. Twitter used to only show your a timeline of people you follow, now the main time line is random post mostly with stuff you disagree about to make you open the tweet, reply, like replies, etc.

And it’s even worse now with ad money being paid to people who are engagement farming by posting fake stuff, or rage baiting people.

And you use to see edgy jokes sure but now you just see people calling people hard Rs with no repercussions.

This is verified account that receives ad money and such these tweet have all been reported multiple times.

This post isn’t really about left or right so not sure what you point is about that.

Idk, I used to use it for promotion, and I stopped so maybe it is worse but it certainly wasn't good. I saw lots of crap there which is why I stopped using it for promotion. Twitter may have been good in 2009 but 2014 and beyond it was a crap fest. (also I can't see what you've posted because I have Twitter/X blocked on my router haha)

As for the last point, you brought up right wing companies getting more views and how it's full of hateful jokes now. A bit off-topic but yeah it's just for people to rage. Glad I left it.

This is the issue with the X app. The toxicity has increased, and people can now say anything without getting banned or suspended. It is why it is difficult for most users who can't take it and decide to stay away.

I have noticed a drastic change in how different X is compared to how it was when it was Twitter and it is a shame it has gone that way if I am honest.

I am testing something out at the moment as I was curious and I purchased a month of X Premium and I have noticed a huge difference in the interaction with my posts (I still always go to say tweets) and in how many new followers I get. It's a shame as it seems you would need to keep a subscription going to gain much success or exposure now on X and it was never like that with Twitter.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds