Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The right amount of paycheck

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
So, what do you recon is the right amount of money for the work you do or wanna do? What would you like to earn if it's not the case yet to have a comfortable life ?

Advertisement Placeholder
it's similar here in the states... since covid started prices have more than doubled and it's frustrating now that mcdonalds and other fast food employees got a raise from $12 an hour to $18 while I had to work hard just to get $19.26 for the past 6 years.

I think it really depends where you live as to how much the right amount of paycheck is, as well as where you are in your career.

In my case, I don't drive, for several years had a job that I could walk to (these days I'm fully remote) so my costs there were pretty low.

Though for context when I started work in 2002 minimum wage was like £4.25 an hour and I was on just over that (retail, UK). I haven't had a job that was paid hourly, as such, in some years though - freelancing was paid by the job, everything else was salaried.

If I made about $6000 a month I would live the way I want to live if it was me alone... For my husband and I we really both need to be making about $10,000 total a month. He has a high car payment, dental payment, and tool payments... I fortunately just have our credit cards I worry about and the other household bills... I think we would live more comfortable at that rate.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds