Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

The new phpbb

Lorcan

Credits
I would say that phpbb used to be the go to forum software, from what I saw over the years, phpbb used to be very popular, however now it seemed to have transitioned over to xenforo, and most forums are trying to set up on it. I would say Xenforo definitely has to be the best out there, and is quite popular for forum owners. What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
phpBB has just become old looking. phpBB just can't compete with the modern look and feel of XenForo (that you can see on this forum). Until they start to incorporate some form of modernization, they won't be able to compete with the big names like XenForo or IPB.

I don't think it's fair to compare a paid forum software to a free one. As far as free forum software goes, phpBB is still definitely the cream of the crop, being right up there with MyBB. I don't know of any free forum software that truly competes with XenForo or IPB.

As you said, XenForo is probably the best, with IPB being above or below it depending on how you choose to rank them. Still, phpBB is free. XenForo and IPB can be rather pricy, especially when you take premium themes and add-ons into consideration. A lot of webmasters are not interested in investing hundreds and hundreds of dollars into their forum.

I love XenForo, the only downside is that it is so expensive. Other than that it's the perfect software for any type of forum :D

I wouldn't say it is comparable to Phpbb. If I had to compare it to a product/company?

Xenforo is the new apple/ios. A flashy software IMO that looks good(not by default but with heavy tweaking) that launched 5 years ago lacking features and to this day still lacks features but people flock to because it is the in thing.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds