Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

The Great Entertainment Debate: Series vs. Movies!

Credits
Do you find yourself more enchanted by the continuation of television series, or do you prefer the succinct, tight narrative of a movie? Are you a binger of series or a lover of the silver screen’s two-hour tales?

For the Series Enthusiasts:​

• What is it about series that keeps you hooked?
  • Is it the character development, the ability to delve deep into storylines, or the excitement of waiting for the next episode?
  • Share some series that have left a lasting imprint on your heart and mind, and let’s explore why they’ve managed to do so!

For the Movie Connoisseurs:

• Do you find the shorter, self-contained stories of movies more fulfilling?
  • Is it the cinematic experience, the craftsmanship, or the diverse genres that draw you in?
  • Enlighten us with some movies that have stirred your soul and provoked your thoughts, and let’s dissect what makes them unforgettable!

For Those In-Between:

• If you find yourself oscillating between the two, what determines your choice?
  • Is it mood, time, genre, or something else that sways your decision?
I’m super curious to know where everyone stands in this grand debate! I'm a movies guy myself. There’s just something magical about a film’s ability to tell a compelling, cohesive story in a limited timeframe. It feels like a roller coaster of emotions, thrill, and excitement, all packed into a two-hour (give or take) experience! I dislike series because there seems to come no end to the story. I like to know how a story ends and not end on something that doesn't make sense or is bound to have a following. I loved movies like the Fast and Furious series, but the last few were just .. extending what was dead and they've gone way past the point where it's no longer realistic. The latest reviews on IMDb says enough how the majority thinks about it.

Advertisement Placeholder
I used to like films more, but I think I'm more attached to series now. There's just more to go along with the series since there are multitudes of episodes which equals multitudes of hours of watch time. Movies are still great, but I find a lot of series more interesting and the prolonging of them makes them more satisfying, in my opinion. Leaving you hanging on the edge of your seat for the next episode is something that's really fun and gets you pumped up as well!

I’m definitely into series more. I like being able to watch an episode at a time and see the storyline progress more. I feel like sometimes movies have to rush the character and story development due to the time constraints. I also enjoy series where each episode is its own story and you don’t need to watch them all (such as Black Mirror, Unsolved Mysteries etc)

It really depends on my mood. Series - I can get obsessed with but I do eventually burn out on them and I quit watching, but this is more so when I watch the 2nd time. I do like how the story has time to unfold and does not feel so rushed like Liam said. Movies though are good for when I need a quick thing to fill time and has all the elements of plot all in one nice set of time. Sometimes I wish movies were TV shows because I want to know more!

Would have to say series for myself. I like how a series can explore the lore and world within a bit more than a 2 or even 3-hour movie could. Of course, the series would be around the 8-episode or 10-episode length, don't think we should return to the 20+ episodes a season. A lot of that was filler or clip show episodes and didn't really serve a purpose.

I'm someone who falls in between. My choice depends on the mood I am in and the level of excitement I have for a movie/series.
Nowadays, I'm choosing to watch movies over series because I'm not finding interest in watching any series (not excited enough for any).
I'm looking forward to the next season of Stranger Things & the new series Berlin based on the character from Money Heist.
Once they are out, I will definitely binge-watch them hehe.

I like watching series’ more. I find it easier to watch 4 hour-long episodes in one go than a 3 hour movie. But I’m kinda bored of series’ at the moment because I’ve watched so many. I want to get into movies but it’s so difficult to motivate myself to watch one.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds