Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The Evolution of Online Communities A 15-Year Transformation

Advertisement Placeholder
Nice piece, a lot of truth in there.

I do however notice that some people are more willing to try a forum out than to keep going on social media. Social media has really made platform owners greedy.

Forum owners just want you to join and post most of the time - Zuck wants you to stay on their site and click their ads.

I think we should keep promoting forums as an alternative of the selfish-social-media game.

And that's not me hating on social altogether. I'm still on there. I have 45K+ member hiking group on there.

This is a great article and it does a good job showcasing just how different the internet is compared to 15 years ago. I think many people still do enjoy using forums over social media, because social media tends to have censorship and more people are realizing it's best to create or interact with forums that don't have lots of censorship. Discord is great for gaming communities because it allows us to be able to talk to other gamers in real time, but it's not a good platform for sharing information regarding research in my opinion. It's also a good way to get to know your audience if you have a Youtube channel.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 5)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds