Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ten Hag Out!

McIrx

Legendary member
Credits
Manchester United is in ruins right now, and the club has been that way for years. However, of the lows they've experienced the club's current state is making a mockery of those very hard times.

Having tried managers with massive CVs like Mourinho and Van Gaal to limited degree of success, Erik ten Hag was given the all clear to lead the team back to glory days with a promise he would be supported to rebuild and not judged on immediate success. When the Dutchman ended Man United's trophy drought and led them back to the Champions League, it looked like the team was on the right course with the expectation they will only get better. However, they've gotten worse.

After watching another sobering defeat to neighbors Man City, Erik ten Hag looks clueless. In three transfer windows, he's spent over £200M on players that are definitely not up to standard. He's been allowed to do that because he was given the free rein to bring in players he believes will play his pattern. Unfortunately, those players have been below par. Add to the small detail of the club lacking identity and clear pattern of play and you wonder if the rebuild project is actually happening or Man United are just meandering through another period of sterility.

When the team gets this bad, obviously it's time for the manager to go.

Advertisement Placeholder
Everything looks like he doesn't know what he's doing right now but I am never one of those fans that are too quick to judge a manager before he finds his feet in a new club. This is currently his second season in Manchester United and I believe that he deserves time with the work he has done in Ajax. There is a very big possibility of replicating the same success in Manchester United.

Everything looks like he doesn't know what he's doing right now but I am never one of those fans that are too quick to judge a manager before he finds his feet in a new club. This is currently his second season in Manchester United and I believe that he deserves time with the work he has done in Ajax. There is a very big possibility of replicating the same success in Manchester United.
When Arteta was in his second season at Arsenal, results weren't going his way. The situation was tough for him. Despite that, what he wanted to do with his squad was apparent, the style of play he is trying to instill was glaring. What he lacked were the personnel, the players fit for that role. However, with Ten Hag I don't know what he's trying to do. He's bought an incredible amount of players to play his style, yet I don't know what that style is.

When Arteta was in his second season at Arsenal, results weren't going his way. The situation was tough for him. Despite that, what he wanted to do with his squad was apparent, the style of play he is trying to instill was glaring. What he lacked were the personnel, the players fit for that role. However, with Ten Hag I don't know what he's trying to do. He's bought an incredible amount of players to play his style, yet I don't know what that style is.

I believe that what really affected the manager's playing pattern is that when the season started, a lot of his players in the starting 11 got injured and this had to effect his player's selection. Since then, with the players now coming back from injuries which some of them are still in injured, it is still making it very difficult for the team to have the shape that he wanted. This is the reason why I am still advocating for him to be given the time to see how things go by the end of the season.

I believe that what really affected the manager's playing pattern is that when the season started, a lot of his players in the starting 11 got injured and this had to effect his player's selection. Since then, with the players now coming back from injuries which some of them are still in injured, it is still making it very difficult for the team to have the shape that he wanted. This is the reason why I am still advocating for him to be given the time to see how things go by the end of the season.
Injury is not an excuse for a club as massive as Man United to be playing this bad. A manager is expected to have a clear pattern of play and then buy or mould the available players to play that pattern. That's what the likes of Guardiola and Klopp did. That's what Arteta is doing.

Postecouglou joined a Spurs team that has just lost their best player - Harry Kane - after finishing eight last season. Just look at the way he imposed his pattern on the players he met at Spurs. Ten Hag has brought in a lot of players. The ones available are not dullards either; he can coach his pattern into them, and he's had a full season to do that.

A second string Man United team shouldn't be struggling to dominate against the likes of Wolves, Crystal Palace, Copenhagen or even Galatasaray, not to talk of the first team assembled with millions of pounds.

Injury is not an excuse for a club as massive as Man United to be playing this bad. A manager is expected to have a clear pattern of play and then buy or mould the available players to play that pattern. That's what the likes of Guardiola and Klopp did. That's what Arteta is doing.

Postecouglou joined a Spurs team that has just lost their best player - Harry Kane - after finishing eight last season. Just look at the way he imposed his pattern on the players he met at Spurs. Ten Hag has brought in a lot of players. The ones available are not dullards either; he can coach his pattern into them, and he's had a full season to do that.

A second string Man United team shouldn't be struggling to dominate against the likes of Wolves, Crystal Palace, Copenhagen or even Galatasaray, not to talk of the first team assembled with millions of pounds.

The thing you have to understand is that Manchester United have gotten it wrong when it comes to their transfer policies since Alex Ferguson retired from the club. We have been buying players that we are not supposed to buy and we have been finding it very difficult to sell the players that we are supposed to sell.

Talking about Tottenham Hotspur, it is true that they lost one of the best player in Harry Kane, but they were able to replace him with Madison whom have been given almost the same level of contribution Kane was bringing to the club.

The thing you have to understand is that Manchester United have gotten it wrong when it comes to their transfer policies since Alex Ferguson retired from the club. We have been buying players that we are not supposed to buy and we have been finding it very difficult to sell the players that we are supposed to sell.

Talking about Tottenham Hotspur, it is true that they lost one of the best player in Harry Kane, but they were able to replace him with Madison whom have been given almost the same level of contribution Kane was bringing to the club.
Those excuses about bad transfer policies or poor boardroom management doesn't explain why the team lacks a clear pattern of play. Ten Hag was given a free rein to choose the players he trusted because he was saddled with the task of rebuilding the team. Probably the only player he wasn't given was Frenkie De Jong who doesn't want the move. Ten Hag was consulted before any player was purchased. He's being given players he said will play his pattern. United even pay way above the norm just to get him the likes of Antony, Martinez, Mount, and Onana.

Have you watched Man United's games lately? They can't defend, build up is terrible, they make silly mistakes amateur players will be ashamed of. Yes, they're pressing opponents in the attacking third and getting balls off them. But when in transition, they fumble their chances. 3 against 3, 3 against 2, attacking patterns that should've been practised exhaustively in training to the point it becomes natural to the players. They find themselves in these situations every single match but fumbles it. Only God knows exactly what those guys do in training. They can't defend, they can't score goals. That has nothing to do with transfer policies; it's all about coaching!

Those excuses about bad transfer policies or poor boardroom management doesn't explain why the team lacks a clear pattern of play. Ten Hag was given a free rein to choose the players he trusted because he was saddled with the task of rebuilding the team. Probably the only player he wasn't given was Frenkie De Jong who doesn't want the move. Ten Hag was consulted before any player was purchased. He's being given players he said will play his pattern. United even pay way above the norm just to get him the likes of Antony, Martinez, Mount, and Onana.

Have you watched Man United's games lately? They can't defend, build up is terrible, they make silly mistakes amateur players will be ashamed of. Yes, they're pressing opponents in the attacking third and getting balls off them. But when in transition, they fumble their chances. 3 against 3, 3 against 2, attacking patterns that should've been practised exhaustively in training to the point it becomes natural to the players. They find themselves in these situations every single match but fumbles it. Only God knows exactly what those guys do in training. They can't defend, they can't score goals. That has nothing to do with transfer policies; it's all about coaching!

I'm not going to defend the manager having some things to answer because of how the team have been playing this season. Believe me, I know it is very frustrating watching our team play because we find it very difficult to score goals and we concede goals very easily. This is a fact that can never be be disputed but looking at how the team played last season when he was appointed for the job, I believe that he did reasonably well and qualified Manchester United to play Champions League football this season. It is part of the reason why I am still supporting for him to be given time to see how things is going to end when this season is over, then we can now decide to judge him for what he has done in his second season at the club.

I'm not going to defend the manager having some things to answer because of how the team have been playing this season. Believe me, I know it is very frustrating watching our team play because we find it very difficult to score goals and we concede goals very easily. This is a fact that can never be be disputed but looking at how the team played last season when he was appointed for the job, I believe that he did reasonably well and qualified Manchester United to play Champions League football this season. It is part of the reason why I am still supporting for him to be given time to see how things is going to end when this season is over, then we can now decide to judge him for what he has done in his second season at the club.
You know when this season started I was so optimistic. I know we won't compete for the league but we can at least solidify our place in the top 4 and start working upwards. The drop in standard this season is nothing short of shocking. And then, I was hoping he'd make a tactical tweak to get this team going. Last season Liverpool struggled badly. Then Klopp moved TA Arnold into the midfield role and they started getting results. Why can't Ten Hag make some tactical tweaks to get these guys playing right? We are probably the only top team that plays like Tony Pulis Stoke City.

You know when this season started I was so optimistic. I know we won't compete for the league but we can at least solidify our place in the top 4 and start working upwards. The drop in standard this season is nothing short of shocking. And then, I was hoping he'd make a tactical tweak to get this team going. Last season Liverpool struggled badly. Then Klopp moved TA Arnold into the midfield role and they started getting results. Why can't Ten Hag make some tactical tweaks to get these guys playing right? We are probably the only top team that plays like Tony Pulis Stoke City.

Personally, I believe that some of our players are part of the reason why the club is in the situation where it is at the moment. I know that the manager have been given the power to handle players the way he wants but some of them are still not performing to the expectation that is been put on them.

Take a very look at what Jordan Sancho he's doing a Manchester United. He played with the team throughout pre-season and had a very good contribution but when season started, he began playing what I cannot even understand. When he was being corrected, he took it against his manager and he has since then decided not to do what he was asked to do so that he's going to be incorporated back into the team.

Personally, I believe that some of our players are part of the reason why the club is in the situation where it is at the moment. I know that the manager have been given the power to handle players the way he wants but some of them are still not performing to the expectation that is been put on them.

Take a very look at what Jordan Sancho he's doing a Manchester United. He played with the team throughout pre-season and had a very good contribution but when season started, he began playing what I cannot even understand. When he was being corrected, he took it against his manager and he has since then decided not to do what he was asked to do so that he's going to be incorporated back into the team.
That's one of the hurdles of managing a big team. When Potter moved to Chelsea I could remember telling Chelsea fans he'll fail because some players over there are more powerful than him.

Yesterday, as I watched Rashford struggle and toil to make an impact, I can't help but remember some of Sancho's complaints about some players getting favoured no matter the rubbish they do.

Honestly, Man United is a mess. The fact that the solution to the club's problems look as obscure as ever is more worrying. With the noise about Ratcliffe coming in to take over the sporting side not quietening, I can't help but wonder how those presently in the department focus on their jobs with the knowledge they might get sacked as early as January.

If care is not taking, we may just go on the Liverpool kind of run where we have to wait for 30 years to get back to the top. 10 years is passed already.

That's one of the hurdles of managing a big team. When Potter moved to Chelsea I could remember telling Chelsea fans he'll fail because some players over there are more powerful than him.

Yesterday, as I watched Rashford struggle and toil to make an impact, I can't help but remember some of Sancho's complaints about some players getting favoured no matter the rubbish they do.

Honestly, Man United is a mess. The fact that the solution to the club's problems look as obscure as ever is more worrying. With the noise about Ratcliffe coming in to take over the sporting side not quietening, I can't help but wonder how those presently in the department focus on their jobs with the knowledge they might get sacked as early as January.

If care is not taking, we may just go on the Liverpool kind of run where we have to wait for 30 years to get back to the top. 10 years is passed already.

Sancho actually made a very good point about some players getting preferential treatment with the likes of what Antony have been playing but if you look at Antony's play recently, he has improved so much unlike how he played when he first signed for the club.

As for Rashford, I don't really know what is going on with him because he played so well last season but since this season began, he has been a shadow of himself. He doesn't seem like it is going to get out of this phase soon. I just really hope that things turn out well in a short period of time because if things keep going this way, there is a chance we might not even see Europa League qualification this season.

The Glazzers have also contributed to so many things that have been going wrong with Manchester United because if they had managed to sell the club to Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani, there would massive revolution that's going to come the club's way.

Sancho actually made a very good point about some players getting preferential treatment with the likes of what Antony have been playing but if you look at Antony's play recently, he has improved so much unlike how he played when he first signed for the club.

As for Rashford, I don't really know what is going on with him because he played so well last season but since this season began, he has been a shadow of himself. He doesn't seem like it is going to get out of this phase soon. I just really hope that things turn out well in a short period of time because if things keep going this way, there is a chance we might not even see Europa League qualification this season.

The Glazzers have also contributed to so many things that have been going wrong with Manchester United because if they had managed to sell the club to Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani, there would massive revolution that's going to come the club's way.
I knew those greedy Glazers won't sell the club, they only floated the idea of selling just to quieten the noise around their ownership. And it worked a treat.

They're making a lot of money from Man United. I've never seen a businessman sell a thriving business. So why would they want to sell the club that gives them serious returns on a yearly basis despite the poor state of the club? What they want is to milk the club dry and then sell the carcass off to a willing buyer. Al Thani offered them double of the club's market value. But they rejected because they knew by keeping the club they'll receive decent dividends when the fiscal year ends while also watching the club's value go up. Pileload of craps those Glazer dudes are.

I knew those greedy Glazers won't sell the club, they only floated the idea of selling just to quieten the noise around their ownership. And it worked a treat.

They're making a lot of money from Man United. I've never seen a businessman sell a thriving business. So why would they want to sell the club that gives them serious returns on a yearly basis despite the poor state of the club? What they want is to milk the club dry and then sell the carcass off to a willing buyer. Al Thani offered them double of the club's market value. But they rejected because they knew by keeping the club they'll receive decent dividends when the fiscal year ends while also watching the club's value go up. Pileload of craps those Glazer dudes are.

It is very unfortunate what is happening to Manchester United right now and the fans are being frustrated with everything that the Glazzers are doing but just like you said, it is going to be impossible for them to sell a business that is thriving for them. They have been taking billions from the club without investing anything back. It's why they accepted selling only 25% ownership of the club to Ratcliffe which is miles short of what the fans wanted.

It is very unfortunate what is happening to Manchester United right now and the fans are being frustrated with everything that the Glazzers are doing but just like you said, it is going to be impossible for them to sell a business that is thriving for them. They have been taking billions from the club without investing anything back. It's why they accepted selling only 25% ownership of the club to Ratcliffe which is miles short of what the fans wanted.
I think it is still early to judge the coach, it is only his second season and in the first he did a good job, although right now they are eighth and 8 points away from the Champions League positions, there is still a lot of season ahead, on the other hand, Manchester City is at a very high level and it is very difficult to compete with them right now, the team must continue working to improve.

I think it is still early to judge the coach, it is only his second season and in the first he did a good job, although right now they are eighth and 8 points away from the Champions League positions, there is still a lot of season ahead, on the other hand, Manchester City is at a very high level and it is very difficult to compete with them right now, the team must continue working to improve.

Exactly! This is the very reason why I am in support of giving him by the end of the season to evaluate his performance as the manager. I believe that he can still be able to turn things around when he's entire starting 11 comes back to play again. i
Injuries have really decimated the team for now.

Exactly! This is the very reason why I am in support of giving him by the end of the season to evaluate his performance as the manager. I believe that he can still be able to turn things around when he's entire starting 11 comes back to play again. i
Injuries have really decimated the team for now.
Yes, in fact, I don't see anything wrong with waiting 1 more year to see how the season ends and already decide, at the moment they are also playing in the Champions League where they have achieved a victory and are only one point away from second place and therefore from the qualification to the round of 16, we have to give them time.

Yes, in fact, I don't see anything wrong with waiting 1 more year to see how the season ends and already decide, at the moment they are also playing in the Champions League where they have achieved a victory and are only one point away from second place and therefore from the qualification to the round of 16, we have to give them time.

The problem is that whenever a new manager has been signed and the club manages to get him all the players he required from the transfer market, the fans are always impatient when it comes to getting results. They are too quick to judge especially when after spending heavily in the transfer market they are not seeing immediate result. This is exactly what is happening with the fans of Manchester United right now.

Champions League! Really?
Galatasaray strolled into Manchester and left with three full points. Copenhagen should've won at Old Trafford if not for their wasteful finishing. Can this Man United team glean a draw against Bayern Munich when next they meet? Very doubtful. On current form, can they go to Galatasaray and claim a victory? That's a pipe dream. On current form, the team have less than 50% chance of progressing from a group that has Galatasaray and Copenhagen. If that's not calamity, what else is?

Champions League! Really?
Galatasaray strolled into Manchester and left with three full points. Copenhagen should've won at Old Trafford if not for their wasteful finishing. Can this Man United team glean a draw against Bayern Munich when next they meet? Very doubtful. On current form, can they go to Galatasaray and claim a victory? That's a pipe dream. On current form, the team have less than 50% chance of progressing from a group that has Galatasaray and Copenhagen. If that's not calamity, what else is?

Seriously, if it comes to our Champions League display, I am very disappointed because the matches that we have played so far, I never expected that kind of performance. It has put us in a position where it is more difficult for us to qualify from the group stage than to crash out of the group stage. I don't think it is going to be possible for us to beat Bayern Munich with the way our team is very porous at the back.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds