Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Strangers asking for money/change/donations/etc

Orihime

Credits
When strangers ask you for money/change/donations/etc., do you give it to them? What do you base your decision on?

Advertisement Placeholder
Do you mean in real life, on forums or both? I don't tend to do it though unless I believe in the cause (Real life).

I've heard that a lot of people on the streets asking for money do it for gangs and get legs etc chopped off to gain more sympathy.. Although if I have spare change I tend to just give it to anyone who asks.. I'd never give notes though, I aint that charitable.

This question was posted on a local radio station's Facebook page where I live. It was interesting reading various replies. I said that as a child I was taught not to give anything to strangers, especially money. I see them holding up signs like,"Buy me a meal" in front of places like McDonalds.

If I'm feeling nice that day I might give them a buck or something, not much. If you have to result to panhandling though... I feel real sorry for you buddy. :/

Look and see if they have nice shoes, dead give away they are a scammer. My mommy taught me that ages ago. :p

No, I never give them anything. Helping a stranger is good but it also useless and a waste of your money. If someone is homeless and you give them food for one day, they will eat it today and tomorrow they will starve and the hunger might even hurt them worse than it usually does thanks to your helping hand. If you want to help people who are needy, then donate to charity organizations where your little money will be used in a very great idea not just to help people for a day but an idea that will change the lives of those in need of help forever.

I cannot give a stranger any money unless they are just about to die and the only way to save their lives is to offer them the money. I cannot help anyone, but if I want to help out and get the chance and the money to help, I will do it in the most effective way possible.

I help the cause, not the person. www.thebookstore.co.nz aims to raise money to alleviate poverty. There are just too many cases of homless people around/ groups and people needing money. Rather than picking one cause over another I do it this way. I've probably bought more books myself just to get a higher amount to give. :p

If I have to donate, I do it online.

If I see a poor person on the street and I have extra cash, I may help the person out.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds