Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Staff Ratio

ddoesmc

Recognized member
Credits
Do you have any staff ratio? I like to have three staff member at 100, 200 and 300 posts. After that, I will only hire here and there.

Advertisement Placeholder
I dont think I have staff ratio. Because my staff works on a daily basis and if I feel the current staff cannot handle the job then I will hire for more staff members.

I dont think I have staff ratio. Because my staff works on a daily basis and if I feel the current staff cannot handle the job then I will hire for more staff members.
Okay, how many posts do you have on your forum? Have your moderators ever looked like they could not cover most posts?

I'm not a fan of staff to member ratio. I'm a bigger fan of staff to daily post ratio. Even then, it only applies to larger forums because on smaller forums like this one, staff is needed to keep up activity, even if we don't have a ton of members yet. :p

Yeah, there really isn't such a thing called a ratio per se. Really, it's what is best for the community, and each is different. I mean if you get more members and you need more eyes over moderation, well then yes, more staff is a good thing. However, there isn't a magic formula for having the right size of staff.

I would say a decent rule of thumb is 2-4 staff members for your first 100 members, and then 1-2 for every ~200-300 members after that.

Now it obviously depends on how active the staff is, what the staff has to do, and how active the forum is of course.

I'm presently the only staff at the moment, so I need Global Moderators and 1 Admin!

To me, it depends not only on the amount of members you have but the activity that the members put forth. If you have 10 members on your forum and are lucky to get 5 posts a day from those members, then you may not need a lot of staff. However, if you have 100 members and they shell out over 100 posts a day then you are going to need some help. It all depends on those two things. Members AND activity.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds