Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Staff Members

Andrew7765

Reputable member
Credits
When you hire staff members what do you look for? I usually look for people who are active on the forum and know what they are talking about. I don't have any yet on my forum as I do not need any at the moment. :D What do you guys look for?

Advertisement Placeholder
Depends on the forum niche. There's a lot of these "Staff" threads in this board and I say the same thing. It really depends on the niche. On my HP site, there are extensive applications and most staff groups are required to work 4 days a week on a specific time slot. They get to choose the days and the time slot shift. But, because the project is massive, that's why we require that. They need experience, obviously and the applications are extensive (like I said). They all start off on probation and if they can't do their jobs and follow the guides we've written we let them go and move on.

I look for someone who is active, someone who is friendly and can take part and contribute to discussions on the forum. Also need someone who is fun to make the forum more welcoming

I look for someone who is active, someone who is friendly and can take part and contribute to discussions on the forum. Also need someone who is fun to make the forum more welcoming
Depends on the forum niche. There's a lot of these "Staff" threads in this board and I say the same thing. It really depends on the niche. On my HP site, there are extensive applications and most staff groups are required to work 4 days a week on a specific time slot. They get to choose the days and the time slot shift. But, because the project is massive, that's why we require that. They need experience, obviously and the applications are extensive (like I said). They all start off on probation and if they can't do their jobs and follow the guides we've written we let them go and move on.
Kingcool, yup.
Teg, ah okay. How many staff members do you have?

I look for active people, people who are mature, use good grammar and have past experience with XenForo.

Especially the good grammar.

I don't always hire the 'active' members. however they do have to be active.

I don't want to hire every single active member is a better way to phrase it. We have some who I've thought of hiring, but then that would take one of the main active 'members' and then it'd be like only staff posting. It's definitely a balance. I like to hire people for a role I already have in mind and when someone fits that and is also active it's pretty much a for sure that I'd hire them. :p

There are three things I always look for in a new staff member: grammar, matuiry, and non-annoyingness. Those are the three things that you really have to have if you want me to hire you. There really isn't a set in stone way I judge that; it's more how you come across to me.

There are three things I always look for in a new staff member: grammar, matuiry, and non-annoyingness. Those are the three things that you really have to have if you want me to hire you. There really isn't a set in stone way I judge that; it's more how you come across to me.
*Maturity

Think it's just a typo but oh well :p

Ehem, speaking about grammar :yum:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds