Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Staff in contests?

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
Should staff members be allowed to enter into a contest? A lot of contests are barred from staff members because the owner is attempting to attract new members- is this fair?

Advertisement Placeholder
If you're giving nothing to the staff members for being in that position, I guess its not a good practice. But if the staff is being paid, you don't have to include staffs.

no, its wrong, they are part of the forum, they are not members, contest are for members and to get members to post. staff just post like hell and start a billion threads and they win, its dumb

The past I've included staff, but the staff chose not to participate because it being a rule on most forums. I do not pay my staff, they don't have much advantages to being ranked, so I see that excluding them would be unfair.

I think it really depends on what kind of contest it is. If it is something like "top posters contest", I do not mind seeing my staffs participating in it.

Honestly, I do not think it is fair for the staff but as a member, I would also not want to see them winning. This is really quite controversial. @Sam do you wish you could enter this current posting contest?

I allow my staff members to participate in the contests, I don't have contests just for my members but for my whole staff team. But it is their choice to participate or not.

I allow my staff members to participate in the contests, I don't have contests just for my members but for my whole staff team. But it is their choice to participate or not.

That is great to hear. Unfortunately some admins do not allow staffs to participate, because they probably think it is unfair to other members.

Honestly, I do not think it is fair for the staff but as a member, I would also not want to see them winning. This is really quite controversial. @Sam do you wish you could enter this current posting contest?

As far as I know I can. :) I'm not officially a staff member any more, I just help out as needed. So watch out. :ninja:. I'm kidding... I have other things to focus on at the moment anyway. :p

As far as I know I can. :) I'm not officially a staff member any more, I just help out as needed. So watch out. :ninja:. I'm kidding... I have other things to focus on at the moment anyway. :p
Oh haha, I totally thought you were a staff member.

I usually do not allow admins into my contests. I sometimes allow moderators to, but I sometimes do not. My fear is that a mod would win, and it would make members upset.

I usually do not allow admins into my contests. I sometimes allow moderators to, but I sometimes do not. My fear is that a mod would win, and it would make members upset.

I am guessing most of the forum owners do not allow co-admins to participate in contests.

An admin's job is to make the forum better, not participate in the contest.

I am guessing most of the forum owners do not allow co-admins to participate in contests.

An admin's job is to make the forum better, not participate in the contest.
That would be kinda rhetorical if an admin won the contest...it would make a forum look very bad!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds