Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Staff Disrespect

FTON

Renowned member
Credits
How do you deal with staff disrespect?
I usually warn or ban the offender, depending on the ofense' size.

Advertisement Placeholder
How do you deal with staff disrespect?
I usually warn or ban the offender, depending on the ofense' size.

I don't think that if you are a staff member then you should be put on the pedestal because even if you do manage to get a staff position, then that doesn't automatically opt you out of criticism. If a member has a problem with me, then I'm not gonna ban them just because I don't like what they are saying. The obvious solution is try to work out your disagreements or ask politely that you keep your disagreements out of public view.

Now, if they are being "disrespectful" for no reason then that's a whole different problem that can also be solved with communication (most of the time). But if things do get out of hand, then a ban is probably the only option.

People don't like certain people, and that's a fact of life. I didn't like some of my peers at school because of disrespectful things they said, but that doesn't mean they should be banned from school.

I completely agree with JLogan on this. I've never banned a user if he didn't agree with me or pointed out my bad moderation or other decisions publicly - I'm open to criticism and I welcome it even if it's harsh.

Being disrespectful shouldn't be tolerated imo. I mean if some staff asks someone to stop doing something in a certain board, and the member says stuffs like, "idgas, who the **** are you to tell me what to do"; thats an immediate ban!

Also criticism should be done in a fair way. There is no need to be disrespectful. I think "pointing out stuffs" and "being disrespectful" are 2 different things.
For example lets say one made a horrible graphics.
So saying stuffs like "what have you done, you have made most horrible graphics in the world, don't you ever try to do any graphics work." is definitely disrespectful.

But saying That graphics is not good really. The colours don't match. The border is too thick. etc." is not disrespectful and in fact it actually helps the person to think and improve his work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds