Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Staff Disagreements

Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
This sometimes can happen all too often if communication gets mixed up or enough information does not get discussed. I myself have been in this situation too many times before which can get really annoying especially if you are joint owners of a website or forum and it feels like you get pushed out and do not have any kind of say.

Have you ever been in a situation where you have gone into partnership with someone on say a forum and once the forum is ready and open and things start to happen it starts to feel like you are just a spare part and don't really have a say?

I was once in this situation on a forum where I was admin and there was another admin, everything was fine from the start but after around a week or so after opening and members coming in, it was like they wanted to run the place how they wanted and I did not have a say or if I tried they would slam me and make another decision themselves. Forums I feel can not survive like this especially if you are joint owners and need to be discussing rather than making decisions alone.

How did you deal with situations like this?

Advertisement Placeholder
Similar, but not exactly. I was once in a open source software projects where there were three founders including myself. It was somewhat run like a council and we kept overruling each other.

When it came to dealing with a troublesome staff member, sometimes there was consensus for removing him.. Sometimes not.. Sometimes there would be for a while before the third person walks in and practically overrules everyone.

I just left a forum for that same reason, when I asked an Administrator a question, the response I got was vague and tantamount to a rude response, so I just called it quits, to make matters even worst, they were not paying sufficiently and when I did get paid, I had to wait an entire week, my question to forums like this is, what if everyone left your forums because of your ill-treatment, would business for you still go on, think about that.

I ran a forum with someone else once, it didn't go well. I would personally either like to have the absolute last word, or have someone else have it. Being a joint leader just creates problems as disagreements are bound to come up from time to time, but there has to be someone in control in my opinion.

I once had the online emotional breakdown to end all breakdowns because of this (which I am now ashamed of). I had worked hard to get a forum going, slowly adding staff etc and with a long term vision and it seemed everyone suddenly decided they wanted something else and were going to to it regardless of what I wanted or planned for. I appreciate now a lot of it was because of my poor communications - I am useless at explaining what is in my head. At the time though it hurt like hell - I had near enough burnt myself out trying to do what everyone wanted then they all decided they wanted something else and I did not handle it well.
I actually spent over 12 months away from forum life and now approach it from a different direction - and when setting up my latest forum I am working on separating owner and poster IDs to try and give me a level of buffering.

No, I have not. But, if I'd be in position to chose myself a partner, I'd only choose somebody with the same vision and the same passion for the community that I have. It's not enough to be interested in the topic and then start making partnerships and fail because you have disagreements. And if such a situation would occur then I'd have a vote put up, and hopefully he doesn't have all the moderators and other admins under his belt.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds