Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Staff and posting?

Credits
How much activity do you expect from staff members on your forum? Is there a certain amount of posting that is required each week from your staff? Do you let staff slide some on the posting if they are really busy doing other things for your forum, like advertising it or moderating is really heavy that week or they are doing a lot of behind the scenes work that week?

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
My staff members are almost always very active and dedicated, so if they're not active for a little while, I'm perfectly okay with it. There's no required amount of posts throughout any given amount of time. I'm lenient with this kinda stuff because I know how difficult it can be to post on forums when you have stuff like school going on in real life.

I expect my staff members to come on daily and make at least 5 posts. I will allow them to skip a few days here and there, before firing them I ask them what is going on and why they are not coming on to do what is expected of themselves.

I expect staff members to be active and post daily. I don't have an exact number of posts, but I will get upset if they go a day or two without posting without explanation.

I expect my staff members to login everyday. I expect them to post where there is no activity and moderate while posting. I do not ask them to promote or advertise as that is my job. If they want to advertise they can.

For me, it depends on what other job duties are. If there is an administrator that is in charge of handling all of the technical aspects of the forum, then I'd let them slack off a little on the posting or go easier on them when it comes to activity. Especially if there is a lot of "behind the scenes" stuff that they have to do to make things run smoothly on the forum. In the case of like the moderators and/or community team members, I'd expect them the be active when they aren't moderating on the forum. Or they could be posting on the forum while they are moderating. It just depends on the other duties / requirements of each staff member.

I think at least a few posts per day is acceptable. Ideally though, I'd like to have staff making 5-10 posts per day. I don't think that's too much to ask. Obviously there are going to be days where the staff can't post, and that's totally fine with me. I just think that it's annoying when staff members don't post for a few days in a row. Their #1 job is to help improve the site and a great way to do that other than just moderating the forums is creating content. Especially for newer forums, all it takes is a few people posting each day to get the ball rolling.

Right now my staff are active and I have lots of posting affiliations with people so I am steadily increasing in posts

I would say staff should make at least 35 posts a week. That is just 5 posts a day. Especially moderators.

I set a pretty high bar for my staff members. I feel like they represent the forum staff and it is important to set the right example for regular members. I expect every staff member to log in and post at least 10 posts at least once every 48 hours.

I have the highest standards for my staff members; as they represent everything about the community. If they are not active, members won't be as active as some members love certain staff members and only post when they see them. If my staff members are not happy jumping jelly beans, it might affect the members in a negative way.

For me it's not how many posts they make, however they do have to post every day, but it's the quality of those posts and what those posts bring to the community. If you sound like a emotionless robot without any kind of happy or even sad tone in your posts, and you're on my staff team, you're going to get the boot unless you have a good reason to be so down. Granted, everyone needs a break, so if my staff start to get tired of posting and what not, I simply tell them to take a break and they come back like they were hit with bolts of energy.

It's pretty hard getting onto my staff team, and super easy to get off of it. All my staff are required to login every day, (because let's be honest, it takes literally 3 seconds) and unless they have somewhere to be or a situation at home, they are required to post at least 50 posts a week.

Now on my forum, we don't "delete" posts and message them saying why or to knock their shenanigans off, instead we post in the thread and lock it, or simply reply to their post if it's not their thread. So in all actuality, they should rack up more than 50 posts if they moderator and interact with the community. My staff are set to probably ridiculously high standards, but then again I only hire those who I know can meet those standards.

Apparnely my staff members don't care. I was gone for two days and spam just sat there. XD

You should be firing them, then. :p

My staff have to login once a day and post at least 5 times a day in our general boards, staff boards and other announcement related threads don't count.

I have no rules for mine, they do a great job as it is, i have mod rules but as my staff are board owners they all have their own to look after also. They are active daily, posting, dome post, some are their to do other things besides posting, but the way i have it works, and it is active

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds