Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

$$$ Spent on Advertising

Sharon

Reputable member
Credits
What is the most money you've spent on advertising? Was it worth paying that much? Would you recommend others do the same type of advertising for their website?

Advertisement Placeholder
Currently I don't spend money on advertising because I believe it is a waste of money to advertise if you don't spend big bucks. With advertisers like Adsense or Facebook Ads, you must spend hundreds of dollars before you gain traffic. I prefer using free advertising. For example, guest blogging, putting a link in your forum signature, and social media. Does anyone else agree?

I really don't spend money on advertising, and don't think I ever will. I may consider using Adwords, but I don't really know as much about it to use it. I've gotten gift cards for Adwords before but never used them, I wonder if they work.

What is the average price that people usually pay for advertising? Just curious to know.

There is really no such thing as "average spent on advertising" since the cost depends on so many different factors. How do you advertise (text, banners, video...), where do you advertise (geographically I mean), when do you advertise (bids are usually higher during rush hours), what do you advertise (some keywords are more expensive than other, but they bring in more traffic).

In the past couple years I think I've used $3000 in AdWords and few hundred bucks in other ad platforms.

What is the most money you've spent on advertising? Was it worth paying that much? Would you recommend others do the same type of advertising for their website?
I spend $$$ on advertising monthly and it's more benefit for our forum because it is helping to drive traffic and sales.

Generally, I don't spend money on advertising unless my hosting account gives me free ad credits for something. However, I've recently decided to try my hand at small advertising to see if it really makes any kind of difference. I'm not too hopeful honestly and I feel like advertising, at least for me, is a waste of money.

I threw a lot of money away on AdWords as well as a scam service. In the first case, I had legit traffic but I wasn't skilled much in marketing etc.. In the 2nd instance, it was just purely a fool getting taken for a ride. However, that's a normal occurrence with the inexperienced. Nonetheless, I hate to see newbies go thru that and I'd like to warn them.

I have used ADwords as well as facebook ads. While I did not benefit much from ad word campaign, my facebook ads brought me good sales. The key to conversion is to target the proper audience.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds