Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Spammers and Trolls

Jimbob123

Credits
Other admins, do you get spammers and trolls and disputes between members often? How many members are banned from your forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
We get spammers not often but once in a while but they're mainly actual people and not bots. I think we have around 10 banned members but we have never had any disputes between members

Spammers come with the forum territory, sadly, so do trolls. Most of the time though I enjoy the trolls, they're so trolly it's hard not to laugh. :p

If I get legit spammers or "trolls" they are banned immediately. I don't often have disputes with members, but that's mainly because I'm easy to get along with and my rules aren't usually too "strict." On PF, I have about 6 spammers banned. On HogEx, I've not had to do that yet.

I don't really mind trolls to be honest unless they hurting someone else. Sometimes it's funny or stupid. :D I also do get spammers and scammers sometimes and that is an auto ban.

Disputes happen on our forum. Much like in everyday life, people disagree, people dislike each other and some people are just jerks. We have trolls...I usually amuse myself with them until it gets boring and I see it being too much of an issue and then I handle them accordingly.

Cant say we've had much of a spammer issue though but I do know a forum I admin on in the past had this guy who loved spamming his link all the time for his site. So annoying.

Disputes happen on our forum. Much like in everyday life, people disagree, people dislike each other and some people are just jerks. We have trolls...I usually amuse myself with them until it gets boring and I see it being too much of an issue and then I handle them accordingly.

Cant say we've had much of a spammer issue though but I do know a forum I admin on in the past had this guy who loved spamming his link all the time for his site. So annoying.

True. You will always get those jerks and just douche bags on your forums. It is usually, for me, just a misunderstanding or miscommunication.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds