Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Sony Xperia Z2

Credits
So I just purchased the Sony Xperia Z2!
I have normally always been a Samsung galaxy fan, but was time to upgrade and this is the best phone I was able to get my hands on at the moment and it seems to be boss.

Feature Highlights:
  • 4K video with a 20.7 MP camera
  • High resolution 5.2" Full HD display with Live Colour LED
  • Highly durable, dust resistant and waterproof
  • Access to Canada's largest LTE network
  • Watch over 40 live and on demand channels with the Bell TV app
  • Dual stereo speakers with Digital Noise Cancellation for superior sound
The two big selling points for me was the camera and it's waterproof. I take a lot of photos with my phones and this is the best camera on a smart phone that is on the market at the moment.
Then, the waterproof is just an added bonus considering my job is mostly me working in streams and rivers.

Extra Features:

Network compatibility: LTE
Maximum download speed: Up to 150 Mbps
CPU: 2.3 GHz quad-core processor
RAM: 3 GB
Internal memory: 16 GB
Expandable memory: Up to 128 GB
Talk time: Up to 19 hours
Standby time: Up to 7 days

Just waiting for it to come in the mail now :D

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never used one in my life, but it does look good. Do you guys not have iPhones their in the Canada? iPhones are much better, but then again your opinion. :p

I have never used one in my life, but it does look good. Do you guys not have iPhones their in the Canada? iPhones are much better, but then again your opinion. :p
Oh we have iPhones. But look at those specs. There is no way an iPhone can even compare to this phone xD I'm more of an android user :$
You're safe as long as you stay away from the white side (iOS) :p
I would never convert!

For those of you have have 30 mins to spare, here is a great review:

Last edited:
I've just cancelled my iPhone contract and I've got until Sunday to decide which phone I want. I'm stuck between the LG G3 and this. :/

I've just cancelled my iPhone contract and I've got until Sunday to decide which phone I want. I'm stuck between the LG G3 and this. :/
Damn, if I got my phone before then I would give you a quick personal review of the Z2! But, I am not expecting it to be delivered until early next week xD (takes 2-3 business days, and sadly weekends don't count).

If you got the time, you can watch the 32 minute review I posted above. It seems to be a boss of a phone.

How the fuck am I supposed to masturbate and watch a 32 minute review dammit.

for reals though, I'm more inclined to go for the G3 simply because I'm reviewing it at the moment anyway and it's in my hands. Both are pretty beast phones though to be fair. I won't be that sad either way. xD

Dam the camera on this phone must be amazing. I don't know too much about specs and stuff like that but is this phone faster and more powerful compared to the S5?

Dam the camera on this phone must be amazing. I don't know too much about specs and stuff like that but is this phone faster and more powerful compared to the S5?
I would not know as I have not been able to fully test both devices personally.
phonearena.com gave the Xperia Z2 a 9.2/10 while giving the Galaxy S5 a 9.1/10

The system chips on both phones are pretty much exactly the same.
Galaxy S5 also only has 2gb ram while the Xperia Z2 has 3gb ram. I will let you guys know how the phone runs when I get it :D

Or just wait till the iPhone 6.

And to the comment about how the iPhone's specs can not compete, yes, it does. The iPhone 5s is just as powerful as the device. Android devices need those gigantic specs to be able to power Android, as it is a resource hog and not as efficient as iOS

The camera is pretty impressive for a smartphone! It looks like Sony is stepping up in the game.

For those of who are wondering, phone came in yesturday. Picked it up today. Been playing with it all day, testing things out looking at some of the bad ass features it has.

Got to say, one of the best phones I have had yet. Even a couple people I know said they where jealous and said they would prefer this phone (One of them being an iPhone user). Should give a full complete review of this phone at some point.

And to the comment about how the iPhone's specs can not compete, yes, it does. The iPhone 5s is just as powerful as the device. Android devices need those gigantic specs to be able to power Android, as it is a resource hog and not as efficient as iOS

I was awaiting your response to this ;)

Nah. I'm good on the waiting part. Needed a phone now. No point in waiting for a phone that still wont be up to par with this one.

I was about to buy this today because my carrier had been dicking around with the release date of the G3 but then I was told it was in the post -_-

Dude, I've been a big Apple fan for the past 3-4 years at least. I own an iMac, I've had three gens of iPads, an iPad Mini, Apple TV, numerous iPod Touches and so on but the magic for me has just gone from the iPhone. I'm fed up of the crappy upgrade schedule of a new phone every year when I'm practically forced by my carrier to adopt a 24 month contract so I have to pay a shit fee to upgrade. If I wanted the iPhone 6, I would've had to wait until next October (when I assume the iPhone 7 or 6S will be out) to get it without paying fees and crap.

I've been living with the G3 for a while now and whilst it isn't the Z2, Android really has come along a lot in the past few years. I used to think Android was a piece of wank as well but honestly, it's got better. And testing the G3 with the same apps as my iPhone, the G3 is just as fast or in some cases better. The camera is markedly better in terms of the colours and vidid-ness of the images taken.

I'm not going to say that I won't miss my iPhone at all, that wont be possible. iOS is a great system for those that like it and the apps and integration it offers are great but Android is also a great system. (Yes, I really said that @xpl0iter) And from what I've seen, it is more than capable of making the swap less of a shitstorm for me.

That said, I know I won't change your mind at all given similar discussions in the past I've seen so I'm not even sure why I wasted 10-15 minutes typing this.

Android is also a great system. (Yes, I really said that @xpl0iter)
Meh, you didn't say Android is the best! :p
jkjk. Anyway welcome to the club mate. I am sure you won't regret it. Once you get the device, be sure to try out all those launchers out there. We have done a piece in TNC if you remember. And yeah all those are really good and I must say I am loving that Aviate launcher! xD

Its is so simple yet very *idk how to put it*. It adapts according to the time, the place and what you do while the phone is with you. Pretty impressive launcher.

Just purchased screen protectors, a stylus, and a bluetooth ear piece for my phone. :eek:hyeah:

@xpl0iter if it's the Aviate launcher you are talking about, I had that launcher on my other phone for a while. Was nice well I used it. Just I had no use for it after a while so I just disabled it.
If you used it long back, then I say try it once again. It is changed a lot.
I simply love it and yeah occasionally I go to Nova for a bit, but I always come back for one or the other reason lol.

1. headset on, music plays automatically from where you left off, and one home screen shows the player with all the controls automatically.
2. Travelling? One home screen shows all the apps related for travels navigation.
3. Morning? Shows news in an awesome widget from yahoo
4. Going to sleep? Shows the apps which you may want to use at night and with a "Do no disturb button".
5. Categorizes all the apps.

and all these are done automatically lol

You're safe as long as you stay away from the white side (iOS) :p
That sounded racist and confusing at the same time. :p

In any event, I don't think the iOS is that bad. Just don't expect to be very productive on an iPhone. :p Or to have up-to-date hardware.

... Android devices need those gigantic specs to be able to power Android, as it is a resource hog and not as efficient as iOS

Bullshit. Android 4.1.x 'Jelly Bean' can run on a single-core 800 MHz ARMv7 processor, with 512 MB LPDDR2 of RAM. Android just gives you better specifications for your money so you can do more with a larger display.

It's all well and good having a HD display, but if you don't have the hardware to run it, you're left with nothing for your own use. The device is simply using all its resources to give you some form of I/O.

Bullshit. Android 4.1.x 'Jelly Bean' can run on a single-core 800 MHz ARMv7 processor, with 512 MB LPDDR2 of RAM. Android just gives you better specifications for your money so you can do more with a larger display.

It's all well and good having a HD display, but if you don't have the hardware to run it, you're left with nothing for your own use. The device is simply using all its resources to give you some form of I/O.
Granted, you might not get all the animations to work smoothly at that configuration, but it's still impressive.

And if you look at the days from ICS, Android has come a long way. Android phones feel a lot more like mini-computers. You just don't get that experience from Apple.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds