Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Social media blocking links now?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you guys noticed how links work on social media these days? I hear that Facebook doesn't like it, and Twitter and Instagram to my knowledge kinda ignore them. Is it bad to post links in social media posts? Or should we move away from doing that going forward?

Advertisement Placeholder
I had no clue that social media platforms were doing this at all if I am honest and I still tend to post links on social media posts when I am either sharing something or even pushing out something for my sites as well as this is something that is just routine for me and I will always post a link. Is this something that may have changed since Elon Musk took over? I feel he has made a lot of changes that better people who purchase Twitter Blue and anyone who doesn't just seem to lose a lot of what they used to get when using the platform.

As for Facebook. I couldn't say for sure if this is the case. I still see many sharing links on the platform and haven't seen anyone saying anything about the links being an issue. I yet need to get back to using Facebook myself in terms of advertising.

i know that Instagram does not accept the use of links on there platform, though it has both it's positive and negative implications but i believe the positive outweighs the negative.

Almost all social media don't allow sharing of direct link to their site. Sharing link can increase the number of spam in a forum. The way we're playing serious politici

One of my sites has been blocked on facebook but this was not a recent happening. It happened a couple of years ago. My competitor reported my content and facebook without bothering to ask me, blocked my link.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds