Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Simple Machines Forum

Advertisement Placeholder
It's one of the world's ugliest software's. I just don't like it. Not really any reason why. :LOL:
It doesn't look modern.

It looks old.

They've updated the software with a lot of great modern features but they need to update the look and feel, I can agree with that.

But I am sure a lot of people enjoy the look.

I've never had a forum with it and I dont think I've ever been a member on one, could be wrong. I had a quick search online for a few example forums and I actually kind of like the look In a nostalgia type of way, very 2005. 😁

This is what my old admin forum (Another Admin Forum) looked like when it was powered by SMF.

1672927471355.png

I think it had a good look with that theme in all honesty :)

I'm honestly contemplating bringing back one of my old domains that was on IPS and using SMF for it.
I still haven't installed the new version in a trial mode...but as with most scrips.. the looks can be changed via the style you choose.
Since i have a 4vCPU/8GB RAM/160GB storage VPS... I think I could try it out and not strain the system.

I had a forum with the latest SMF update for a short time when I got back into forums a few years ago.

It was nice but XenForo is just the perfect software for what I need so I just stick with it.

Got the mailersend approval for the domain (free tier).... so it's even now open for registrations. Whether it will stay on SMF or not I haven't decided.
One thing... you MUST have the domain live with a site before they will approve it.
With the free plan (you do have to put a credit card on file) you get 12,000 sends a month free.

Have done a little more tweaking to it as I learn it.... different background and logo area somewhat modified.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds