Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Shutting Down a forum

Sylar

Addicted member
Credits
Have you ever shutdown a forum or other website? If so, what were your reasons for it? I'm sure many of you have, be sure to explain why.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have shutdown one of my forums. I started it as part of my cool facts website. Getting members for this forum was very difficult and only the staffs were posting on it. The spamming was too heavy that everyday we used to get atleast 10 spammers registered on it!

I shut down GamesNation as activity just stopped, and what ever we did we couldn't revive it. Closing a site shouldn't be taken lightly and everything should be done to avoid it, but sadly, sometimes it is just inevitable.

I shut down GamesNation as activity just stopped, and what ever we did we couldn't revive it. Closing a site shouldn't be taken lightly and everything should be done to avoid it, but sadly, sometimes it is just inevitable.
I 100% agree. It's really sad to see a site to go down, but unfortunately it's bound to happen to some communities.

I shut my one and as of current, only site down purely because it wasn't getting the activity and it just didn't take off. (We did try to keep it going for five months though) but it just didn't work in the end.

I shut my one and as of current, only site down purely because it wasn't getting the activity and it just didn't take off. (We did try to keep it going for five months though) but it just didn't work in the end.

What was your site? :oops:

Some years back, i lost my recipe website when i stopped paying for hosting. I just couldn't afford it anymore at that time due to financial difficulties. That was a big disappointment for me. Since then, I've only used free and very low cost hosting options like Blogger.com blogs. This past year, i finally splurged on paid hosting, for $3.99 a month and started a forum.

Though the forum is less active now than during the first half year it was up, i'm still encouraged over the massive amount of posts we collected during that time. Just seems a waste to shut it down now.

I could always promote more and get things busy again. I might do that over winter time if i have more time to work on the forum.

Financial problems is always the first thing to kill off a forum. That's why I am secretly mind controlling all you hosting and domain folks into paying it for me. :)

Another reason is just lack of motivation, but that's a piss poor excuse. I'll admit I've done it before and it's really screwed me over in the long run when I look back at all the dead forums. You just have to stick with it until the time is right when to close.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds