Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should You Use Royalty Free Images On Your Website?

Good-Person

Captain Junkie
Credits
Royalty-free images are the kind of images that are for sale on many marketplaces. Such kind of photos and images are usually used by many websites. These images require you to buy them and pay a fee. This is a one time fee and you can then use the image, as you will obtain the license for that. So, should you use such images on your website?

Advertisement Placeholder
When I started publishing online, I was using my own images. However, when I found that my images were being stone and published else where without credits, I stopped using my images and these days I only use the royalty-free images or images with creative commons license.

When I started publishing online, I was using my own images. However, when I found that my images were being stone and published else where without credits, I stopped using my images and these days I only use the royalty-free images or images with creative commons license.

This is a very common thing that happens online in forums. It's not just images that are being stolen and published in another place. They even spin steal your contents and designs without any changes and use them in another place without giving you credit for it. I'm not sure if this would ever stop happening with forums.

I have had my written content stolen multiple times as well. I even had to file DMCA multiple times. These days I have come to understand it is not a problem because your stolen content will be considered duplicate content and the content will not get any traffic.

Exactly! Once the first content have been indexed by Google, anyone who posted it again won't make anything off it in terms of getting traffic. It's always going to be the first original content that Google will recognise. It's the reason why I don't bother with filing DMCA for my stolen contents.

Using royalty free images is a safe choice. However, it is better to opt for original images since it is easier to produce that nowadays.

I feel if you have purchased the rights to the image that you want to use then you should be free to use it as you see fit. It would be people that do not pay for the rights and instead, try and steal it instead to use on their sites that I would say are doing wrong.

Stealing anything to make use of on your website is something that is always going to come back to haunt you because if the person should press the case on you, it is always going to be detrimental to the success of your own website. There are so many ways to get original images that will be safe to use.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds