Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should internet and phone services be free to use?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you think that internet and phone services should be free for the whole world? I remember hearing that Nikola Tesla wanted to give electricity to everyone for free, but Thomas Edison decided he wanted to patent Tesla's inventions and monetize it. I think with phones too, there was initial talk to make it free for everyone to have phone service. Imagine a future where phones are plentiful and free to use? Same with the internet? The internet to me seems like the most logical to make free for all.

Near one of my local colleges, they have their own wifi network, that even Barack Obama visited our city because of it. This was back when he was president, so a while back. But we still have this internet that local people can use for free as long as they have the router that you can get from the college.

Now imagine that pushed out worldwide, where we can use the internet without having to pay an ISP tons of money.

Advertisement Placeholder
Telecommunication companies will close down. They are in business because we have to pay for internet and our phone bills. They will fight this tooth and nail to make sure it doesn't get passed as a bill into law.

I would love to use free internet anywhere I go in the world. It will save me from so much internet bills I pay every month.

Personally for me, I believe that there are so many things which the government should make to be free of charge all over the world but we all know that they are never going to be interested in doing that. As far as I'm concerned, water should be free of charge and not being sold anywhere in the world but they can't do it. So, there's no way they would be interested in hearing free internet and phone services all over the world.

In my opinion, absolutely no. Maybe smartphones can be a little cheaper, but not free, just to keep in touch, and the Internet, on the contrary, is more expensive because of the fact that look how many people have access to the Internet and what nonsense they write about and what content they create. It seems to me that it is possible to impose high taxes on the Internet, just like on cigarettes. (Joke)

I am not sure about phone service but I believe internet should be the basic human rights and should be provided free.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds