Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Should Forums Force You To Change Your Password

JLogan

Legendary member
Website
www.clickreadshare.com
Credits
I'm on a couple forums that force you to change your password every 90 days. Even though it annoys the heck out of me most of the time, I think its a good idea. What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
I dislike the idea personally even if it does help security (by forcing a user to change their password making it likely that it isn't the same as their email password).

i cant stand it, i have one password for all my logins so theyre easy to remember. but then i have to remember different ones for whatever site, and i cant remember them, i usually have to just get a new password if its been awhile everytime i login

I have been on numerous forums myself where I have had to do this and as much as it can be a bit of a pain to do this every 90 days or so and I can sometimes get confused with all the password changes I wouldn't fault the owners of the forum for doing it, it adds to the security of the forum which is always needed for any forum.

In terms of security, it's okay. But as a member it will just piss me the fuck off. When I first realize a forum does this, I request in suggestions to remove the feature. If they don't I just leave. It's far too annoying considering that I have to remember passwords for much more important things like bank accounts, e-payment accounts, lots of other forums, and so on. A better suggestion would be including an option to turn on and off the feature. I can deal with that since I won't have to bother with it since I could just disable the feature. But compulsory password change? F-that.

Personally I hate it when forums force this to happen, it really annoys me that I have to constantly be remembering passwords for one site in specific that is different from my other passwords.

I do not think forums should force people to change passwords. Some forums forced me to change my passwords before and I really did not like it.

I don't think they should force you, it should be entirely your choice if you want to keep your password or not.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds