Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should an internship pay?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Most internships will usually be for free work, or volunteer work as I should put it. But not everyone wants to do an internship and not make any money. I think an internship should work like a job, maybe pay less than a typical job, but at least provide some form of pay to help a student out, right? I think internships should pay something, either that provide a Per diem for food, clothes, and a place to stay during the internship. If they at least provide that, maybe it would be worth it. But if they don't provide anything aside from the chance to internship, I don't know if it'd be worth it.

Advertisement Placeholder
Most internships will usually be for free work, or volunteer work as I should put it. But not everyone wants to do an internship and not make any money. I think an internship should work like a job, maybe pay less than a typical job, but at least provide some form of pay to help a student out, right? I think internships should pay something, either that provide a Per diem for food, clothes, and a place to stay during the internship. If they at least provide that, maybe it would be worth it. But if they don't provide anything aside from the chance to internship, I don't know if it'd be worth it.

The cost of living is quite high. This is also why I believe that internees should be paid. Moreover, when an internee joins a business organisation, the business takes advantage of such internees in many ways. This is equivalent to hiring an employee. This is why I think that they should be paid.

If you have an intern for your business, and if you are making money by employing the intern, shouldn't you pay this intern? Aren't you under some sort of moral obligation to pay this person who works for you but does not receive payment?

Interns are not entitled to full salary like a full time employed staff but they are entitled to stipends. You're under moral obligation to pay them for their transportation expenses and part of their day's feeding at work. They are working and contributing to your business, they deserve something in return.

Interns are not entitled to full salary like a full time employed staff but they are entitled to stipends. You're under moral obligation to pay them for their transportation expenses and part of their day's feeding at work. They are working and contributing to your business, they deserve something in return.

They should be paid in order to deal with regular expenses such as transportation. However, transportation is not the only kind of expense they have to deal with. They have to deal with some other expenses as well such as food expenses as well. So, this is why internees should also be paid well.

They should be paid in order to deal with regular expenses such as transportation. However, transportation is not the only kind of expense they have to deal with. They have to deal with some other expenses as well such as food expenses as well. So, this is why internees should also be paid well.
I think that I've mentioned both of what you just stated in my reply. Transportation and feeing are what they need to be provided with whatever they are being paid for. If anyone wants more than that, they should seek for full employment.

I do not think an internship should pay, but basic things such a as giving transportation allowances should be adopted. You see, a lot of companies will happily want to have permanent staff and when they go for interns, it is a sign that the budget of the firm is lean to handle paying for a staff and trying to make them now pay when the budget is not encouraging is pretty tough on their part.

I do not think an internship should pay, but basic things such a as giving transportation allowances should be adopted. You see, a lot of companies will happily want to have permanent staff and when they go for interns, it is a sign that the budget of the firm is lean to handle paying for a staff and trying to make them now pay when the budget is not encouraging is pretty tough on their part.

Or they want to have interns prepared to take over a full time job whenever any of their full time staff resigns. They will not need to prepare and waste resources on conducting an interview, they will promote their intern to a full time paid position staff.

Personally in my own opinion, I believe that the only provision that should be made for those who are working as an intern in any business organisation or company is the money that is going to be capable to sustain them coming to work and also being able to take care of their daily feeding at work. Any other thing that covers more than these two aspects is going to be asking too much from the company.

Absolutely, whether an internship should be paid or not can vary from person to person. However, it makes sense for internships to be paid. Think about it like this: when you intern, you're often doing real work, learning valuable skills, and contributing to a company or organization. So, getting paid is a fair way to recognize your time and effort. Plus, it helps make internships accessible to a wider range of people, not just those who can afford to work for free.

Absolutely, whether an internship should be paid or not can vary from person to person. However, it makes sense for internships to be paid. Think about it like this: when you intern, you're often doing real work, learning valuable skills, and contributing to a company or organization. So, getting paid is a fair way to recognize your time and effort. Plus, it helps make internships accessible to a wider range of people, not just those who can afford to work for free.

The essence of taking an internship position in any company is actually to gain knowledge and skill and not really to get payment. This is the reason why most companies that allow for internship doesn't really consider any kind of payment structure for their internship staff. This is why they are only being considerate in paying what is going to be enough to cater for the miscellaneous expenses their interns are going to make coming to work.

Personally in my own opinion, I believe that the only provision that should be made for those who are working as an intern in any business organisation or company is the money that is going to be capable to sustain them coming to work and also being able to take care of their daily feeding at work. Any other thing that covers more than these two aspects is going to be asking too much from the company.

There are many problems associated with not paying your internees. If a company does not pay an internee, then the chances are that the internee would never be interested in obtaining internship in the company. They would rather try to get a full-time or part-time jobs.

I believe that paid internships will be beneficial for both the business and the intern. Paid internships can attract more qualified candidates, and can lead to higher productivity and lower turnover rates. It's also important to consider the ethical implications of unpaid internships, as they may put an unfair burden on those who can't afford to work for free.

Yes, I think interns should be paid, at least for transportation or fuel. Inflation rate is so high, and interns are already jobless and making no money. How can they afford transportation? If interns are working hard and contributing to the organization, then they must be paid well, if not equal to other staff members.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds