Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Should a forum owner keep posting?

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
Do you think a forum owner should keep posting quality content?

Even if no one else is posting?

If you see a forum full of quality and new content each day but by one forum owner, are you still encouraged to use the forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think that he or she should be involved with his forum every now and then. It must not be 100 posts from him every day but once in a while. If you can't post in your own forum, how can you expect others to post? Will you pay them?

I think that he or she should be involved with his forum every now and then. It must not be 100 posts from him every day but once in a while. If you can't post in your own forum, how can you expect others to post? Will you pay them?
Exactly if the owner can’t seem to post on their own forum how do you expect others to.

During the early days, yes. Even if you hire or get friends to do it for you.

Mainly because that gives the owner a good understanding of how things are working out. And, how people are responding to various topics.

I've always felt it was my own responsibility to keep posting, even if I'm the only one posting.

If anything, I'm giving other people plenty of content to reply to :)

But once the forum starts to get more active with more new topics from more members, I would slow down.

But like a few said, you must keep showing up and posting as the forum owner.

I, too, think that is very important!

Yeah as a forum admin, you need to keep posting and if you have a small community, you also need to remind those users to post during quiet periods as well as the forum will die.

People won't join a forum where there isn't daily activity.

People won't join a forum where there isn't daily activity.
I agree with this.

I think points to another related topic that you should maintain less categories and sections for discussions. Keeping each section active daily is important because that might be the section a visitor lands on first or looks at first. If it hasn't had a post in a while, that might be all they need to assume the rest of the forum is inactive.

Start out as small as you can get until you establish an active community.

Thoughts on that?

When we're just starting out, staff has the most responsibility. Especially the Owner. Keep posting content so that when members do come on, they will see activity.
I do feel, however, once it gets active, that a forum needs the participation of everybody to make it a success. One cannot be of the mindset that 'somebody' else will do it.
If I see an Owner doing the majority of the posting, I will still use the forum. I try to answer some of those with less replies & even ask open-ended questions to encourage other members to join in.

Yes keep posting, but fill out the available posts and not concentrate on constantly adding new topics. Even if you have to provide a sock to debate with which will keep posts looking active. Do you have any best friends as a topic favours desperation?

I agree with this.

I think points to another related topic that you should maintain less categories and sections for discussions. Keeping each section active daily is important because that might be the section a visitor lands on first or looks at first. If it hasn't had a post in a while, that might be all they need to assume the rest of the forum is inactive.

Start out as small as you can get until you establish an active community.

Thoughts on that?

Yeah but i guess there's also the question why would somebody join a forum which has smallish activity and a limited amount of sections and categories. It's a difficult one to get right!

Yeah but i guess there's also the question why would somebody join a forum which has smallish activity and a limited amount of sections and categories. It's a difficult one to get right!
I mean, if you can keep all those sections at least somewhat active, I'd say go for it :)

But for me, I try to cover the main points, keep it slimmed down, and grow from there :)

However easier it is for you :) but I do think it's important to keep most every section fairly active.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds