Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Short or long blog posts?

Boroku

Recognized member
Credits
That's my question. Should I stick with writing short posts or long blog posts? Should I switch in between or should I write somewhere in between?

Advertisement Placeholder
Depends on the certain post. If you need more content, make it long. If it's too much and boring to read, make it shorter.

I think that something shorter is the way to go. People honestly don't want to sit around and read something long because they either don't have the time, or we just don't like sitting down that long to read something. We like to be able to get information faster, and we end up skimming articles if they are too long.

It depends. Having interesting long articles will definitely attract many visitors. However, each paragraph should not be more than 8-10 sentences. The wrong structure of the paragraphs makes an article look too long.
I always prefer long articles with much information! :)

As Pat from Passive Income says, "However long it needs to be."

And other people but he said it too. Sorry for posting twice but I was reading his stuff last night.

It depends on the nature of your blog. What is the niche? I do a mix of both depending on what I am talking about.

I think it depends on the situation or I should say the context. Is it something that needs to be explained in further detail or is it something that can be explained in a few sentences? It all depends... Sometimes less is more, but sometimes more is the answer.

I think shorter ones do better if your main readers are younger. Like for me, I mainly write about things that teens and 20 somethings would be interested in so I keep things short. Not too short though!

I have some very long posts and some that are quite short and the ones that are shorter with more pictures do the best so that is telling. lol

It really does not matter, write what you need to say and that is good enough!

Well put. I completely agree with you. If someone has something small to write, then let the article should be short and to the point. If they have a lot to say, then the article should not be too long and have strong in depth meaning to it. The writer needs to state what needs to be stated and that is all.

I think it all really depends on what your trying to put across. A quick report on a bit of news released that day, doesn't require an essay however an opinionated argument would need explaining and detail, so really it varies. Try not to keep your articles extremely short all of the time as it makes it appear as though you don't care about what your writing but I equally wouldn't say keep writing essays for every post. It's about finding that happy medium for that niche your writing that article about.

I'd say a lot of this depends on the target audience within your niche. If your typical reader is a medical student in a top of the line graduate program and you're writing about some type of surgical procedure, I certainly think you'd be better off with extensive posts that are thousands and thousands of words. If you're writing for a sports blog and you're writing your NBA Finals picks, perhaps it's best to keep things short and sweet.

From an SEO standpoint, not sure if short, long, or a mix is better.

Short for those that hates reading very long blog, Short for information about things that needs to be short or no need to be short like talking about an apple.

Long for those people that that loves to read an book at once, Has to be since it's going in details about what this apple does.

Right, it seems to be subjective based on what the reader likes.

Typically for me, it depends on what I am writing about and if it requires a longer post or if a short post suffices. Most of mine don't go much over 400 words though.

The blog my wife writes though is movie reviews so they tend to go much longer as she explains things.

The post should contains good and interesting content.
Don't try to artificially to extend it if you don't have something valuable to write,
but also don't write posts which are very short because they don't provide value.

That's my question. Should I stick with writing short posts or long blog posts? Should I switch in between or should I write somewhere in between?

I guess it depends on your definition of what a short post is. If you are talking 200-300 words, than I have never found a use for it. But if you are making 3000-5000 word posts, I probably won't read all of it. You should be hovering around the 500-1000 word post. Use lots of images and anything else that grabs attention. It also breaks up the paragraphs, making it easier to read.

Long quality posts always beat short posts, but I think you need to decide that based on your website niche. For me I do long posts for my traveling and basketball blog, short ones for my writing blog.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds