Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Share your ideas that didn't work

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
We're constantly experimenting, innovating, and pushing boundaries in pursuit of success. But along this journey, we inevitably encounter failures and setbacks. However, instead of shying away from them, let's celebrate our learning experiences by discussing the ideas that didn't work out as intended.

In this open and supportive environment, I invite you to share your valuable insights and experiences about the ideas that didn't quite pan out. By doing so, we can collectively learn from each other's missteps and foster a culture of growth and resilience within our community.

Can you recall a specific idea or project that didn't yield the expected results? What were your initial expectations, and what factors do you believe contributed to its lack of success? How did you handle the disappointment or setback when your idea didn't work? Did it lead to any valuable lessons or unexpected opportunities?

Have you ever modified or repurposed an unsuccessful idea into something successful? How did you identify the necessary adjustments, and what made the difference in achieving a positive outcome? What advice would you give to fellow webmasters who are currently facing challenges or setbacks with their ideas? How can they embrace failure as a stepping stone towards future success?

Remember, the purpose of this discussion is not to dwell on our failures but rather to extract valuable lessons and insights that can benefit our collective growth. To create an environment where we can openly share our ideas that didn't work and support one another through constructive feedback and encouragement.

I eagerly await your contributions and look forward to uncovering the wealth of knowledge hidden within our collective failures. :)

Advertisement Placeholder
My first Kingdom Hearts RP Forum I put a LOT of work into. I had found the perfect skin for it and gotten a banner made for it. I ended up making two of them kind of close together, but I look back and think I must have just enjoyed making the forum. I enjoyed playing with the graphics and everything. Anyways - the one I started the RP and I started the chats and attempted to advertise at other forums... I just didn't realize the amount of time to put into advertising would be needed. I ended up just talking to the 3-4 users who joined and we RP'd together a bit! I had fun regardless. It taught me, for me personally, I can not do too niche specific. It works well for some - especially if it is more a trend at the current time. I let them just turn into an archive and when invisionfree forums disappeared I no longer got to visit it any longer which is sad! One was called Oathkeeper11 (I wanted just Oathkeeper, but put the #11 since it was taken... I may have been 11 at the time lol)

I did this same scenario with a Harry Potter RP. I didn't realize how much work it would have to take and I just enjoyed creating it. After that one I took a break. I had the plans to open a general community. inCommotion. That was in the days where there were leaks and etc. My theme got leaked out and it bothered me a lot - I had gotten it to be something different than what anyone else used at the time, I wanted it to be fresh. I just retired the whole forum concept after that. When I returned to forums in 2012ish it is what drove me for one forum I was made an admin on as well as Atrium. inCommotion ended up not dying after all - just had to have a new time and a new name.

I attempted to make a RP forum once. It was a Steven Universe/Teen Titans crossover RP but I didn't really know how to advertise it well and only one other person joined. I had a few extra accounts to RP as Robin, Beast Boy and Stephen but the other person created their OC and we didn't really get far in the RP. I feel I'm just not really skilled enough when it comes to roleplaying forums, so I usually will just keep it as a separate subforum on my community so it's there if people wish to partake in a roleplay.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds