Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Share your experiences advertising on social media

Alexis

Recognized member
Credits
Now, most social media sites allow you to advertise your business on their places. StumbleUpon, twitter, facebook are just example of those kind of social networks. Did you ever try to promote your website and/or business that way?

Share your experiences with us!

Advertisement Placeholder
I've just recently started to use StumbleUpon to advertise my content and I must say that it's working really well, but it seems to be working best with blogs so I wouldn't advise using it to promote your forum or a static website.

Thanks Rihtar for sharing your experiences with us. Yes, StumbleUpon works best for blog and landing pages. You must catch their attention within 5 seconds to keep them reading. I tried to advertise on it but my website got rejected because my theme was not unique; i picked it at WordPress theme repository and did not modify it a lot!

LinkedIn is awesome because it gave me $50 free in advertising and you can activate it just by paying $5. It is a nice social network to advertise on as your ads will be visible on LinkedIn, Slideshare and other sites. Promoting a update from your LinkedIn page help you get both traffic and interactions such as like, follow that make you going featured and popular!

I did look into advertising on Facebook to help with promoting my forum but the prices on there are just ridiculous so to be honest I never really bothered. I now have a page on Facebook for my forum and I update it as much as I can with new content and such and then share it on my personal account which does get me quite a lot of hits and views but it's not as great as I would expect. Again though it really does depend on what you are sharing as to how much interest you may get.

I did try StumbleUpon but to be honest it never really worked out for me so I gave up on that and stuck with places like Facebook and Twitter which seem to be working to an extent.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds