Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Setting Goals to Reach as a Community

Credits
I have seen many forums create goals that they hope the community reach per day, per week, maybe even per month. I've seen it done in threads, but I've also seen it on the forum index! What are your thoughts about this?

I know the typical is to set goals for a number of posts, perhaps number of threads to be created. I would find it more interesting if it could be more specific to niches.

What type goals would you create for your community? Would you do this for your community?

Advertisement Placeholder
I haven’t had the need to set goals for my own forum. I just take it as it comes. The only thing I do strive for is not to get burn-out. & when I start feeling that pull, to take time for Self-Care so it doesn’t overwhelm me.
I think people underestimate what running a forum is. Some take it lightly and then suffer a burn-out and just close the forum altogether. So it’s important to find yourself and also your limit when owning a forum. Pour in your soul, but make sure you don’t get a burn-out.

I’ve never had individual post goals, I feel like I’ll just rush posts to reach the goals which will reduce the quality. I’d much rather have 100 high quality posts than 1000 low quality ones.

I do like to set active member goals, although I never publish them. It keeps me on track and working harder to promote the forum.

At the moment on my forum, we have a goal widget on the sidebar where I have it set to 30 posts per day, 20 threads per day and 5 user upgrades a day as well which recently updated.

I do like having goals on the forum that everyone can see as I feel it encourages people to try and help hit the goals creating more activity.

At the moment on my forum, we have a goal widget on the sidebar where I have it set to 30 posts per day, 20 threads per day and 5 user upgrades a day as well which recently updated.

I do like having goals on the forum that everyone can see as I feel it encourages people to try and help hit the goals creating more activity.
That’s a good point, members are more likely to respond to threads they might not usually respond to if they know it’ll contribute to the goal.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds