Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

SEO: Any tips?

D

Deleted member 403

What's your best technique when it comes to SEO? Do you think it's important? What do you do to improve your PR and get into Google? SEO is essential if you want your website to succeed! I haven't done much yet for the SEO part as yet, but as we go along, I might get SEO expert to analyze the forum and take the tips on board. Social networking is also beneficial to get good free SEO. You should have Facebook page too.

Advertisement Placeholder
Did you mean Page Rank when you referred to PR? I read somewhere that PR is outdated concept and it does not work any more. Google does not give any PR but it uses it internally to display any website on SERP.

What's your best technique when it comes to SEO? Do you think it's important? What do you do to improve your PR and get into Google? SEO is essential if you want your website to succeed! I haven't done much yet for the SEO part as yet, but as we go along, I might get SEO expert to analyze the forum and take the tips on board. Social networking is also beneficial to get good free SEO. You should have Facebook page too.
True. And this is well said. SEO has really evolved in the past few years. At the same time, Google algorithms have greatly changed. For example, in the past we used to say we should write long-from articles. But now, it is not about the length of the article, but the quality of the content. Google will only pick a sentence or two from your article and use it as featured snippet. This simply means that currently SEO is about the quality of the content and how it answers the user's question.

Additionally, since the introduction of Expertise Authoritativeness and Trust (EAT) measures by Google, a lot has changed. You cannot just start a blog on health or finance if you are not an expert. This means that SEO experts have to burn their midnight oil to ensure all these conditions are met. And that simply boils down to QUALITY CONTENT!

About this forum, i would say it will pass the SEO test. It has both nicely researched articles which helps boost the User General Content (UGC) in the form of forum posts. Striking this balance will automatically help boost the SEO effort of the forum. But in general, doing SEO for forums is tricky, and requires an expert's view point too. And yes, you cannot ignore social media signals. They give your forum the much needed attention boost.

I think quality of content as a way to doing SEO was already there, Search engines like Google always cared about content quality. That's why the term content is the king evolved. Quality will be ensured only when the content is long and includes all required information.

Social networking sites do not have big roles in terms of seo. They might give social signals which work just like backlinks, however, you need to implement other strategies like content quality and keyword usage.

You say social signals work just like backlinks. Please explain how social signals help a website to rank better. How Sharing links on social media different from building backlinks.

You are very correct when you said SEO is very important if you really do want your website to succeed. You will need your site to appear in a lot searches as this opens you up to more visitors

I don't know much about search engine optimisation so that is why I will normally employ the services of a professional to help me build my search engine optimisation.

Very true. One cannot but use the benefits that the social media platforms has got to offer on this subject of SEO as we can get it freely here. You must also make sure you plan your SEO ahead before running it

You say social signals work just like backlinks. Please explain how social signals help a website to rank better. How Sharing links on social media different from building backlinks.
Contents that are popular with people are also popular with search engines. Social signals on your content shows how popular your content is on social sites

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds