Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Selling Service Vs. Selling Products

In this pandemic era particularly during the lockdown a business that is selling service suffered a big blow during the lockdown. A mechanic friend who works as a freelancer has few calls from his customers because travel was not much. Besides, some customers are afraid of getting the covid so they avoid calling the mechanic or any other service providers.

Advertisement Placeholder
I sell products as well as sell services too. Yes, of a truth it is quite more expensive to set up a product selling business than setting up a services selling type. I do both, so I know the difference

Both are profitable it depends on the one you just want enroll into. Selling service online through freelancing sites brings income if the services are notable.

I prefer selling product than selling service because it helps someone to know and calculate the profit he gets in any form of Business

If you want to do a business, whether it is an online business or offline business, you are basically doing two things: one, you are selling services; two, you are selling products.

In order to sell services, you need to become a service provider or hire people who have relevant skills. For example, a law firm sells services. In order to start a law firm, you need to be a lawyer yourself or hire lawyers.

In order to sell products, you need to either acquire products or develop your own products.

You need more money to start a business to sell products compared to a business that sells services.
Selling services and selling products is all about selling , the law firm sells services while the people that needs a lawyer buys services from them. The news paper and radio station too also sells services,

Most people prefer to sell services while others prefer to sell products one thing about selling of services is it has to involve skill why selling of products may not involve skill.

I don't think there's any easy business since both service providing and product selling need you to have a knowledge, worse in product selling you must be an example of the product you're selling.

One thing about services is that you need to have the capacity and the technical manpower to carry out your functions depending on the sector you are servicing.Servicing most times has to do with your skill and delivery for optimum satisfaction to client,and it is not cost effective to operate.With little capital you are good to go.

To my opinion I think the sell of service is mere profitable, less risky and sometimes very cheap to carry out than the sell of product because to sell product it requires some high amount of capital, very risky to some extent and it also requires labour to carry out ur duty as a provider.

Selling a service is vastly different than selling products. At the heart of it, the main difference is that a product business sells physical, tangible objects, whereas a service business provides value through intangible skills, expertise and time.

Well, in reply to your question in the above post concerning if selling a service or selling a product or products is best, i will have to say that i would personally choose selling a service over selling a product as that is what i can offer

You are actually correct in your analysis above, one can either offer product or services. Whichever one that presents its self is okey as both have advantages and disadvantages. For now, I don't have any product or services I am offering, still developing my skills.

Both are good options no doubt so it depends on what one is capable of of it's about services or products what it's important is that one has the capability of either

Both of them are money different ideas. You can sell your own skill yo a client and earn money. Working for him or her is part of the skill selling. Or sell physical products to earn money.

In my own opinion the both of them demand their own unique brand of expertise but if I am being asked to choose I will prefer to sell services instead.

In my own opinion the both of them demand their own unique brand of expertise but if I am being asked to choose I will prefer to sell services instead.
I also think that it totally depends upon the individual with which one he is comfortable with. Selling goods is also good because you don't have to put your extra efforts, but if you have the skill of providing any service then you should also use that one.

If you want to do a business, whether it is an online business or offline business, you are basically doing two things: one, you are selling services; two, you are selling products.

In order to sell services, you need to become a service provider or hire people who have relevant skills. For example, a law firm sells services. In order to start a law firm, you need to be a lawyer yourself or hire lawyers.

In order to sell products, you need to either acquire products or develop your own products.

You need more money to start a business to sell products compared to a business that sells services.
There is a difference between selling service and selling product. Service are intangible and as such one loses more from it as compared to products that are tangible.

Both of them are profitable if you know how to do it rightly, but I personally will go for selling of service because service is one of the most required on the internet and people are likely to pay for service on internet.

Wellsince we are in the digital age I will go for selling of services because I can actually do this online if I have access to internet there are some digital services that I can actually do with my laptop or mobile devices if I have an opportunity to do so, physical products i won't be able to deliver it to all part of the world.
Most people prefer to sell services than selling a product but however it's just depend on your skill acquisition if you are in the area of selling services then that is your line.

in my case, a product is simpler to market than a service since it can be touched, felt, and displayed. A product may be utilized to demonstrate its features and benefits, as well as all of its advantages.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds