Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Secret Santa

Credits
Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa? Typically you say you want to participate and the "leader" will split you up and tell you each who you got and it is a secret until the great reveal.

Season 6 Nbc GIF by The Office

At my work we've done it the last few years. Last year I was kind of sad by my gifts and also.... they didn't know my name.... so I was like who the heck could this be...? This year I got the same person.... but at least they knew my name lol. The gifts did not compare to the gifts I bought my person so I was kind of sad about it - honestly to the point where I likely won't participate next year. Our rules are 3 presents one week up to $5 each present (so small things) and then at the Christmas party they are to give you a gift up to $20. I got oreos, ruffles, and I think a $5 giftcard to Target. Then for the big reveal she came to my room and said she couldn't come to the party lol.... she gave me stuff from the clearance aisle and tossed it in a bag... like... idk.... a platter thing that I might use this year.... random ribbon I'll throw away and a ribbon bow for the top of the tree that looks weird.

Now I know this sounds ungrateful, but I'm sad because I got my person these great gifts... and I didn't feel like it was equivalent. I gave my person a red ceramic truck that is pretty and it goes on like the table and it has a spot to put things into it like a candle or something if they want. I got them a huge candle. I bought them their favorite snacks (popcorn and a candy) and also got her a Dr. Pepper that day. Then I got her another Dr. Pepper another day because I was like why not? Then on the big reveal I gave her a hot coco kit with her requested comfy socks and etc. She loved it!

I think I will very likely not participate in a secret santa for a good 2 years at least to avoid this lol.

Advertisement Placeholder

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds