Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Save Money by Reconciling your Bank Statement

Salt

Mythical member
Credits
If you like to save yourself from unnecessary fees and charges levied by banks then you should reconcile your bank statement at least 1-2 times a month and this way you will see if there are any unnecessary charges and can ask the bank to reverse those and if they don't then you can make an official complaint in the bank register and for that, you can need to make a visit to your bank branch.

Advertisement Placeholder
You cannot reverse any bank charge unfortenally, if a bank has a charge then you could not cancel it. This could be possible in just one case if the price is debited more than once by error by system but for other cases this seems impossible.

Many times we don't even consider looking at small deductions but instead, we should ask our bank for that too as they may think we are not looking at these and may start charging us unfairly.

First of all, find a bank that does not make unnecessary charges to your account. See if you can get free debit cards/ credit cards, free check book, free withdrawals, etc. If you cannot find free services, try to find a bank that has the lowest charges.

I don't face any such problems such as unfair charges from bank so I never felt the need of reconciling my bank statement and it'll just waste my time.

There are situations when banks do charge us unnecessarily which could be a fault or done purposely but whatever is the reason we should try to make ourselves aware of everything that is happening with our bank account

There are some banks in Nigeria that will just deduct the money little by little but when you calculate it, it is a lot of money.

It's better to reconcile our bank statement as many times even the bank is not aware why they deducted an amount due to an internal issue so with this we can save ourselves from any such deduction

It's better to reconcile our bank statement as many times even the bank is not aware why they deducted an amount due to an internal issue so with this we can save ourselves from any such deduction
I feel it is so reckless of them not to know the reason why our money has been deducted. It happens very well here

They do that on purpose too and those that stay aware can claim refund and if you check very late then there is a lesser chance of getting refund

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds