Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Running multiple forums at the same time?

Advertisement Placeholder
I feel that I myself could run up to 2 forums myself with the addition of staff to help with activity and keeping the forum clean and free from trouble but I really couldn't see myself doing any more than that if I am honest. At the moment I am currently co-owning a forum with my other half and that leaves me space to run another forum if I wished to at a later date but at the moment, nothing is set in stone.

I run a few different ones. A few are fairly active, a few are not.

I run forums aligned with my hobbies and passions in life.

I'm able to keep posting on them because the topics are something I am passionate about.

I could never keep a gaming forum active because I don't game. But I can keep my hiking forum active because I hike multiple times a week.

But I am slimming down and focusing on the ones that are doing the best.

Right now I have 5 forums running. I'm looking to get to the 2 or 3 forums mark soon.

:)

I run a few different ones. A few are fairly active, a few are not.

I run forums aligned with my hobbies and passions in life.

I'm able to keep posting on them because the topics are something I am passionate about.

I could never keep a gaming forum active because I don't game. But I can keep my hiking forum active because I hike multiple times a week.

But I am slimming down and focusing on the ones that are doing the best.

Right now I have 5 forums running. I'm looking to get to the 2 or 3 forums mark soon.

:)
Sounds like a challenge. Have you made up yet how you'll part from the other forums?

Sounds like a challenge. Have you made up yet how you'll part from the other forums?
One of them already has an established group on social. So, I'll close it out.

The others can be merged with other forums as the topics relate closely.

Then I'll probably do some contests on FAF and give away some XenForo licenses lol. That will keep me from making another forum because I got a new idea. I get too many ideas lol.

One of them already has an established group on social. So, I'll close it out.

The others can be merged with other forums as the topics relate closely.

Then I'll probably do some contests on FAF and give away some XenForo licenses lol. That will keep me from making another forum because I got a new idea. I get too many ideas lol.
I know what you mean. Haven't had much luck with giving away licenses so far. 🤔

I did when I was younger pretty regularly (during my teen and pre-teen years). Now-a-days, I can really only handle one at a time. I might help out and mod when needed, but when it comes strictly to forums (Jcink and the like), I'm basically admining only one.

Not something I could ever do myself. I barely have time for *one* forum!

If I wanted to run two forums, they'd both have to be very small and very focused, so they wouldn't be demanding in terms of time, and there wouldn't be any benefit to merging them.

Do you run multiple forums at the same time? How does that work out for you ? If you don't run them, what is your point of view ? Do you think it's possible without harming both forums?
If you have a day job, it's going to be very difficult for you to run multiple forums at once. You won't have the time to do it in a way that's not going to affect the growth of the communities. Even if you have staff members that looks after things when you're not around, the forum will still be lacking the touch of its owner.

I see a lot of small, hobbyist forum owners struggle with one forum. It always makes me curious why they think they're ready to launch a second one. All you're really doing is installing pretty themes and plugins then. You're not building a community that takes off.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds