Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Right amount of staff?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Do you think that on your forum you have the right amount of needed staff to keep the place going when you're not there or to do other tasks and such?

Here, we have 3 staff, 2 administrators and a moderator. Some may say that two admins are to much for this forums size but I believe that it works in our favour as myself and XPloiter have different strengths and weaknesses to do with Xenforo so by combining our knowledge we can get stuff done alot easier.

Advertisement Placeholder
I would say 3 is the perfect number for a forum of this size and activity. Some forums give away staff positions to try and get activity (so they may have 5 staff members for a forum smaller than this) but in the end this backfires.

- The staff are not going to bother with the forum if there is 4 others around to do so. They don't feel "special".
- Members are not going to join if they see a forum with too many staff.

:)

We have 125k posts and about 200 per day. I am the only admin and I have hired three moderators. I think this is a good amount. All three are doing a good job. The posts in a day record at one time was set on a day I was on holiday, so yeah, my staff are great are keeping the forums active. :D

We have 125k posts and about 200 per day. I am the only admin and I have hired three moderators. I think this is a good amount. All three are doing a good job. The posts in a day record at one time was set on a day I was on holiday, so yeah, my staff are great are keeping the forums active. :D

That's really cool! Can I ask what forum this is for? :D

A good balance is like 2-3 opening wise, just to keep things under control until you get really big. If you and them are all motivated then that's all you need.

Till now i have 1 team member, if my forum picks up or need few more team members to moderate. Then the team no would be 3-4 max.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds