Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Refusing or snubbing your boss calls?

Credits
Have you ever had to snub or refuse to answer the call of your boss on your personal smartphone for one reason or another which I felt bad how he or she handled the situation? If you happen to do that and get to work the next, when you're asked why you weren't picking your calls, what would be your response?

Advertisement Placeholder
Have you ever had to snub or refuse to answer the call of your boss on your personal smartphone for one reason or another which I felt bad how he or she handled the situation? If you happen to do that and get to work the next, when you're asked why you weren't picking your calls, what would be your response?

i have never done this on purpose. We had a whatsapp group. We used to interact with each other. I used to take a day or two off without informing people because I was not aware of any kind of whatsapp group they had. Nevertheless, I left that workplace.

I haven't done this myself, as most of my bosses were online and we mostly talked via text. But, If I was required to keep my phone on at all times, I'd be keeping a close eye and ear on my notifications.

If you are on call, it's your job to be at the ready for when a call comes in, especially in your designated working hours.

I haven't done this myself, as most of my bosses were online and we mostly talked via text. But, If I was required to keep my phone on at all times, I'd be keeping a close eye and ear on my notifications.

If you are on call, it's your job to be at the ready for when a call comes in, especially in your designated working hours.

Personally, I'm the kind of person that is not even interested in being on call for any reason whatsoever which is why I prefer text messages or chatting and it might even affect me not being disposed to answer my bosses call unless it is something that is critical that needs my attention whenever he calls.

My boss is this kind of person that has a way of just making you feel like grabbing him by the throat and strangling him he has to be of way stressing you like calling you are the most unlikeliest time Imagine someone calling you as late as 11 just to ask you heard about those items as they arrived information that he could get literally via text of your phone called the next day and it will not even shake the business it's worse than am saying right now if you were to have being the one experiencing the kind of things I experience you would have slapped the money long time agoa

Personally, I'm the kind of person that is not even interested in being on call for any reason whatsoever which is why I prefer text messages or chatting and it might even affect me not being disposed to answer my bosses call unless it is something that is critical that needs my attention whenever he calls.

When it comes to chat messages, you may never be able to receive a text message on time. This is because you may read the text message in a late manner. This is why they may call you directly in order to address you.

Sometimes when I am not in the mood to talk, I don't attend to anyone's call, including my employees or even my spouse. However, I do make sure to call back after a while because I do not want to create any misunderstanding. I will always have excuses for not attending calls.

This is a personal choice. However, i think that refusing to attend the phone calls made by your boss could have some negative effect and your boss might feel neglected by you and this is a pretty bad impression if you ask me.

My boss is this kind of person that has a way of just making you feel like grabbing him by the throat and strangling him he has to be of way stressing you like calling you are the most unlikeliest time Imagine someone calling you as late as 11 just to ask you heard about those items as they arrived information that he could get literally via text of your phone called the next day and it will not even shake the business it's worse than am saying right now if you were to have being the one experiencing the kind of things I experience you would have slapped the money long time agoa
This can be very annoying and it's going to get on anyone's nerves. What I would do if I were in your position/situation is wait for his first call to end and I will put my smartphone in Do not Disturb (DnD). If my smartphone doesn't have Do not Disturb, I will put it in silent. When he calls and get tired, he will take a break.

I believe that there's actually a limit to what a person can take. There are people who would intentionally snub their bosses calls because of one reason or the other and a perfect or reasonable one might be those being sexually harassed by their bosses.

This can be very annoying and it's going to get on anyone's nerves. What I would do if I were in your position/situation is wait for his first call to end and I will put my smartphone in Do not Disturb (DnD). If my smartphone doesn't have Do not Disturb, I will put it in silent. When he calls and get tired, he will take a break.
Well that was a crazy time but I thank God that they just passed now for me, I am now trying to transition into another phase of my career so I'm just looking and trying to make sure things go the way I hope while exploring more options, I don't know how do you cope, aside BUZDUSTRY what other platform do you use to work

Well that was a crazy time but I thank God that they just passed now for me, I am now trying to transition into another phase of my career so I'm just looking and trying to make sure things go the way I hope while exploring more options, I don't know how do you cope, aside BUZDUSTRY what other platform do you use to work
Life is stage by stage. We have ups and downs, what defines is not when we are successful but when we get up after getting knocked down.

I work on Forum Promotion and other contract jobs. I used to be a working staff on Forum Promotion as well but not anymore. You can look into working on Beer Money Forum and Forum Coin.

Life is stage by stage. We have ups and downs, what defines is not when we are successful but when we get up after getting knocked down.

I work on Forum Promotion and other contract jobs. I used to be a working staff on Forum Promotion as well but not anymore. You can look into working on Beer Money Forum and Forum Coin.
I really do appreciate you telling me about this different platforms and I am very grateful I must say but the truth is I don't want to platform that doesn't pay or you're not sure if it is because like I said I work on contract later but I'm very sure you know contract and not always contract or consistent

I really do appreciate you telling me about this different platforms and I am very grateful I must say but the truth is I don't want to platform that doesn't pay or you're not sure if it is because like I said I work on contract later but I'm very sure you know contract and not always contract or consistent
You have anything to worry about those one's I recommended. They are paying. Forum Promotion is somehow different and difficult to earn from it. You can earn in two way from the site.

1. By selling your posting services and being paid by those you worked for.

2. By posting on the forum to earn FP$ credit which you can sell on the forum to who wants to buy (There's low demand for it, you may likely not have a buyer).

I personally have never done such a thing, whenever my boss has called me and I have seen the call, I have attended it, if I did not answer the call, this would be like evading my responsibilities and really leaves much to be desired of myself, unless I have left the job and he is no longer my boss and has some kind of quarrel with him, this would be totally different, but this hasn't happened to me either.

Sometimes when I am not in the mood to talk, I don't attend to anyone's call, including my employees or even my spouse. However, I do make sure to call back after a while because I do not want to create any misunderstanding. I will always have excuses for not attending calls.

This is actually something I do as well but I usually do it in a different way which is instead of returning the call, I am going to send a text message explaining why I missed the call or why I couldn't get the call. The reason why I decided to send it text message is for them to reply me with a text message or even a chat so that we will not have to even get back on the call again.

I personally have never done such a thing, whenever my boss has called me and I have seen the call, I have attended it, if I did not answer the call, this would be like evading my responsibilities and really leaves much to be desired of myself, unless I have left the job and he is no longer my boss and has some kind of quarrel with him, this would be totally different, but this hasn't happened to me either.

I think that almost all the employees would do that. This is because attending the call of the boss is quite important in most of the conditions. If you do not attend the call, then you may miss important updates. Apart from that, not attending may also give bad impression.

I like my boss so I answer anytime he calls. Even if I am busy. He does sometimes ask me to do things from home on my day off but I don't mind as it is usually very small asks and I know he appreciates me.

I have once refused to pick my boss' call because I was really wick that day and when I got to work the next day I told her about what happened to me and she was fine with it

I think that under many circumstances, you may refuse to pick the call of your boss. for example, in many countries, it is not allowed to use phone while you are driving. So, if you are driving a vehicle, then you may not pick the call of your boss under that circumstance.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds