Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Reddit Experiment

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
So I decided to experiment with Reddit traffic.

I started off day before yesterday. I didn't promote anywhere else. I made four posts in /sexy (I figured that'd be the most trafficked) to my wallpaper site (no nudity of course). I also made one in /wallpaper which you have to link directly to the wallpaper. I later deleted this as I had incorrectly labelled the wallpaper a speedometer which someone picked up on.

Traffic:
Day 1 (kind of posted at the end of D1): 137 visits.
Day 2: 800 visits.
Day 3 (not finished): 372 visits.

Uniques: 1,277

They didn't get upvoted but weren't really downvoted either (except 1 pic). To increase my upvotes I posted links to other sites (freeindiegames.org) (technewscentral) (cnet) (memezone.net). I hope that's OK with @JLogan and @xpl0iter.

I'm sitting on 10 link karma and 2 comment karma. Most of the link Karma is from the CNET post.

It does show the power of Reddit traffic although it is very short term. I suppose you could do this every day and probably get 1000 plus views (especially if you had a very generic blog). Google is much more reliable however.

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
I suppose you could do this every day and probably get 1000 plus views
I really don't think you should do this unless you use private proxies and different accounts. Their anti spam mechanisms are much effective. They even banned rt.com once because too many people linked to RT news(it was revoked later manually I guess)

Then the banning mechanisms for profiles are much better. They will make your profile ghost profiles, of which no one except you will see the posts made by you. So when you log into your profile everything will seem normal. But none of the others will be seeing your posts.

Obviously there are much more to their antispam strategies. I think it's better to throw in a few links from your website and then contributing to the subreddit you're interested in would be the best idea.

I have 2 profiles on reddit with a good link/comment karma!
ead4.png
lUdv8qm.png

and guess what I learned it the hard way lmao!

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the advice @xpl0iter. I did do a bit of reading about reddit and I did see that some people had had their accounts become ghost profiles.

I was kind of thinking that I just had to keep a positive profile but actually they do manually ban people on reddit. I probably won't use reddit too much, I am more focused on obtaining long term Google image traffic. It was just interesting to see what reddit could do for a new site.

One of your accounts has a heap of positive comment karma but very little link karma. Do you share many links from that account?

To increase my upvotes I posted links to other sites (freeindiegames.org) (technewscentral) (cnet) (memezone.net). I hope that's OK with @JLogan and @xpl0iter.

Explains the little bit of traffic I got from reddit when I didn't post anything. I've been on reddit for almost 3 weeks and here's my progress so far:

aFzhzJz.png

Your main goal should be to submit awesome stuff and not just to sling your own product. I've posted about 4-5 pieces of my own content on Reddit and have gotten maybe 200 visits from it in total. Not a ton at all, but the thing is that only one of my pieces got some downvotes while the others got upvoted. This has to do with me actually participating in the community and not just being some guy who shows up to submit his links.

Explains the little bit of traffic I got from reddit when I didn't post anything.

Yep- I knew I could trust you guys to have good content to share that people would like.

I've been on reddit for almost 3 weeks and here's my progress so far:

aFzhzJz.png

Your main goal should be to submit awesome stuff and not just to sling your own product. I've posted about 4-5 pieces of my own content on Reddit and have gotten maybe 200 visits from it in total. Not a ton at all, but the thing is that only one of my pieces got some downvotes while the others got upvoted. This has to do with me actually participating in the community and not just being some guy who shows up to submit his links.

Yes - Exactly. I understand you'll get either the ban hammer or the wrath of the community if you are just self plugging. Reddit is just like a forum in that respect. People are willing to help out members who are willing participants in the community, not those that are just there to promote.

Reddit is an awesome social site! I got hundred of traffic for a submission which got 11 votes ( 6 positives, 5 negatives)! there a people who check it out without voting, others just left a comment! It is a powerful site where you have fun and traffic!

I have tried this and I got tons of traffic for my blog but people seem to hate it when you link to a site. Instead they always tell me to link directly to the image. The short term traffic is not worth it for my blog. Do you think it is really worth it for any site?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds