Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Reddit banned my blog!

Baley64bit

Recognized member
Credits
So this happened to me. No matter if I or anyone else shares my blog on Reddit, it just doesn't show. I tried contacting them but they wont respond. I guess it is because I over posted links? I did post them a lot in the beginning but I cut back to only posting new ones as I post and still got it banned. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Advertisement Placeholder
Reddit is a big business and they behave as such. I'm generally cautious of that website considering that advertisers are always using it.

Yes, it's happened to me. Also, I've been horrendously ridiculed from the hive-mind mentality of that website when I try to share content. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that website just has a bunch of people posting with multiple accounts.

Man I hate Reddit! Well didn't the CEO try to sue someone over something really stupid?

Classic Reddit. That doesn't surprise me at all considering... what.. investors own it now?

I didn't know that this was an issue that they have in general with everyone. I am glad to know now. I wont be using them anymore, I can tell you that! I have started using stumbled upon recently and it is better for me.

Honestly doesn't shock me in the least. When I signed up I wanted to be able to promote some of the posts that I was making for a newspaper that I was writing for online. And I used to get banned from certain parts of the site I believe or something like that because I was posting the links. I mean honestly it's kind of crap how they treat the site.

Honestly doesn't shock me in the least. When I signed up I wanted to be able to promote some of the posts that I was making for a newspaper that I was writing for online. And I used to get banned from certain parts of the site I believe or something like that because I was posting the links. I mean honestly it's kind of crap how they treat the site.

Yeah it is. I mean it is an online forum/social network meant to share things. It is not like they are hurting by someone gaining slight traffic from their website.

Yeah it is. I mean it is an online forum/social network meant to share things. It is not like they are hurting by someone gaining slight traffic from their website.

That is so true. I have to agree with it. It's just not fair. I get that it might be annoying if someone is doing it all the time, but you can totally tell when it's spam and when it's not. So, I don't know why they don't just monitor it better.

That is so true. I have to agree with it. It's just not fair. I get that it might be annoying if someone is doing it all the time, but you can totally tell when it's spam and when it's not. So, I don't know why they don't just monitor it better.

They do this on a lot of popular sites because they can get away with it. I get blocking spam and useless garbage but when you are not trying to sell something you should be able to post as many links as you want. They already have a new forced 10 minute wait in between posting them!

They do this on a lot of popular sites because they can get away with it. I get blocking spam and useless garbage but when you are not trying to sell something you should be able to post as many links as you want. They already have a new forced 10 minute wait in between posting them!

Yup, that's totally true. That's why I tend to stick to Facebook groups and Tumblr when I do my promoting. As far as I've used both of those, I've never had a problem.

Yup, that's totally true. That's why I tend to stick to Facebook groups and Tumblr when I do my promoting. As far as I've used both of those, I've never had a problem.

I have found tumblr to be an amazing tool! I have nearly 700 followers and never even bothered to follow people! I just love knowing that people like my content enough to want to see it on their time lines.

I have found tumblr to be an amazing tool! I have nearly 700 followers and never even bothered to follow people! I just love knowing that people like my content enough to want to see it on their time lines.

Tumblr is pretty awesome and it has really good functionality. Actually, it serves as a great blogging platform.

Tumblr is pretty awesome and it has really good functionality. Actually, it serves as a great blogging platform.

Yeah if you want to use it as a stand alone blog it is great but I prefer to use it as a tool to my main blog.

Reddit will always be in my heart no matter what. :yum:

I have a love/hate relationship with Reddit. Reddit is good for getting a website traffic if and only if you play by the rules of the hivemind, which I think happens on almost every social website. Take facebook for example, you wouldn't make pro-twitter posts. And on twitter, you wouldn't make pro-facebook posts.

I spent many years hating reddit then I began to use it and it has become a valuable tool for me. It is dreadfully hard to get into contact with anyone on that site but if you keep trying, eventually someone will answer. Make an account under another IP from your own and question why you can't share certain things from said web domains.

I am feeling like an idiot here. Am I the only one who don't know what reddit is until now?

I have never heard of it. Well, until now anyway. I don't like the user interface and it seems a bit too much. I never say any website that uses an entire web page layout without the concept of margins.

Well, this is my opinion but I never liked facebook because of the UI and reddit is was too much for my eyes. I prefer something elegant.
So, I am not going to use it any time soon. May be not in this life time.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds