Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Recycling old blog posts?

lludawg

Reputable member
Credits
Do you ever feel like you write an amazing article for your blog which gains tons of traffic but then a couple weeks later it sort of disappears? Sometimes this happens to me and I do not really know what to do. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get these articles back out to the people who may have missed it the first time?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think I've read about this before in some article about ideas on creating content for websites. If you're having a hard time thinking of something to write about, you may look into your old posts and try to make them new again. I haven't tried this out though and I wouldn't recommend trying to recycle a blog post that is only a couple of weeks old.

Maybe you could just try posting the link to your post in Facebook wall or tweet about it. Or maybe you could put it in your featured articles section or make it a sticky article post. :)

You can keep that up on the featured posts to let your blog readers find it easily and everytime they visit the blog.

This. I did a few "sponsored" posts on an autoblog with a lot of traffic. In order to keep them from disappearing, I used the wordpress feature option which sticked them at the top.

Sometimes it is possible that some articles get outdated after a period of time. When that happens, you can rewrite those articles and post again.

I have never recycled any blog posts.

Mostly because they are news articles and they shouldn't be recycled.

Another idea I have tried is "Throwback Thursday." Every Thursday, I write a blog post related to something else that I posted before. Maybe bring back some old pictures or something.

@lludawg

Yes, that can be a really good idea. I may try this in my blog. Thanks.

Sometimes it is fine to post something you have posted before.

@lludawg

Yes, that can be a really good idea. I may try this in my blog. Thanks.

Sometimes it is fine to post something you have posted before.
Yeah, also, this works especially well if you have a Facebook page to go with your blog. You can re-post old articles or whatever there so new fans have the chance of viewing and sharing your older content.

Yes, I am thinking of doing that.

I currently have around 100 articles in my blog; maybe I can try to post those articles on my Facebook profile.

Yes, I am thinking of doing that.

I currently have around 100 articles in my blog; maybe I can try to post those articles on my Facebook profile.
I definitely recommend it. Do you already have a Facebook page? I would love to check it out.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds