Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Reality competition/Talent shows - i.e American Idol, The Voice, Americas Got Talent

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
What are your thoughts on reality competition shows like American Idol, The Voice, Americas Got Talent and any other reality competition shows? I know a lot of people here are from all over the world, some from the UK, and I know there is a Britain's Got Talent, and other countries copy said shows. Do you get into these shows? I used to enjoy American Idol and America's Got Talent for the bad auditions, but now I realize those bad auditions are used for laughs and many people were made to look bad and in turn it hurt them mentally, at least for some.

Would you ever perform on these shows? Have you ever entered a show like that in your country?

Advertisement Placeholder
I used to like them often. I've had a friend on American Idol. I knew him in middle school. His experience was interesting. I've heard it's actually pretty easy to get into the first round and they accept most people, but past that is when it gets difficult. It is sad that the bad auditions often got used for laughs at people's expense. I remember when there was the one asian guy that ended up being a meme tried out... I think he must have known how silly he was, either way he made a mark of history on the show. I guess if you know you aren't talented but want a chance on TV - you could be very dramatically different or silly to be noticed!

I personally would never perform on any of these as I do not have the skill set for it.

In my late teen years and in my early 20s, I used to watch a lot of TV reality shows, mostly musical and dance shows. However, as I grew older, I stopped watching these reality shows. These days I do not watch any reality shows. I do sometimes watch reality adventure shows, though

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds