Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Reaching the grassroots in your marketing

Alexandoy

Captain Junkie
Credits
When I was young there was the creative marketing style of Electrolux in selling their vacuum cleaner. They hired young guys who wear white shirt and a necktie. They go from house to house for a demo of the vacuum cleaner. In a few months the company was selling so much that they started advertising on tv. A friend was even the model of that Electrolux guy in white shirt and necktie. I wonder why the new products don't do that kind of grassroots marketing anymore.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well not in the context of what you maybe looking for but I still see a lot of marketing with similar features like using fliers and distributing door to door or target ring crowded places and setting up an advertising campaign with a view of capturing a large population.

I don't think door to door marketing will be effective in this digital age. These days people do not even open the door to the strangers let alone listening to the sales guy. When I was in college, a lot of companies visited college to promote products, after getting free products we never remembered the company.

You are right, and in my country some entrepreneurs keep that kind of marketing and people end up buying the products. Not long ago they were promoting pressure cookers and irons in this way, I was surprised and many people in my area bought the products. It is good marketing!

When I was young there was the creative marketing style of Electrolux in selling their vacuum cleaner. They hired young guys who wear white shirt and a necktie. They go from house to house for a demo of the vacuum cleaner. In a few months the company was selling so much that they started advertising on tv. A friend was even the model of that Electrolux guy in white shirt and necktie. I wonder why the new products don't do that kind of grassroots marketing anymore.
There are some exact type of grassroots marketing over here too, a good example is when mtn network are advertising their SIM card , they use to have up to 20people wearing mtn networks shirt, dancing and advertising their products using megaphone to catch the attention of the people.

Depending on the product you are selling, you will have to chose a marketing method. If you are selling kitchen appliances, going house to house and promoting your product to the housewives can be highly beneficial.

This form of grassroot marketing whereby people move from house to house to market products to people is what is obtainable in my country Nigeria right now.

Though I can see that there is a marked reduction in such marketing styles, I would put the blame on security issues here though some people still use it.

Whatever form of marketing you are doing reaching the grassroots is very important. It will make them know what your product I have to offer for them.

It's definitely important for you to reach the grassroots at any form of business you might be doing they are definitely lots of ways it will bring.

UNless you are selling your products to grass root level, there is no need to reach the grassroot level. Will you benefit by marketing to grass root level if you are selling Tesla cars

Well I believe every business operation or a business company has a strategy which it adopted to see it best the future or the primary aimed of the operation which is or may be distinctive from any other business operation. some may adopt a grassroots marketing strategy while others may not depending on the board management decision.

The digital age is the reason for such shift and change in doing things now. They won't do that or go that route unless they se it to be very necessary to get into. They are all about capturing the city centers particularly towns for the moment

Reaching the grassroot in your marketing has to do with advertising your products in the grassroot, rural area and building your product right from the grassroot to the topmost.

Well maybe this isn't so popular anymore these days because we now in a digital age and there are now more effective ways for proper marketing strategies for maximal results

The best marketing strategy is targeting the grassroots. Though their spending plans may be very low but the massive turnout will surely cover for a larger sales. Apart from the said fact, the grassroots usually refer themselves and easily built a sales network that will boost the business.

Little beginnings matters alot. Most new products tend to start big because they feel thats the only way they can attract a bigger audience and also gain more investors. But they fail to understand that when introducing a new product, to gain the heart of the audience is not usually only about how far and big you do it but how genuine and original you are.

That type of marketing strategy is still very much in vouge in my clim,though social media has gain a lot of popularity these days.But what we mostly experirence is when a new product is in town,they would need some demostration to enlightened the potential customers on how to use or the importance of the product.

Well actually not every business actually need to pass through this process before there company or organization or business grow as fast as possible.

UNless you are selling your products to grass root level, there is no need to reach the grassroot level. Will you benefit by marketing to grass root level if you are selling Tesla cars
I think it has to very much do with the product on display here,because most times the convincing is actually done on site and this would otivate the potential customers to purchase.We just had a product displayed recently and the sales person came herself to demonstrate how the product works.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds