Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Pushed into certain job roles

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
To what extent do you think that the educational system tries to push (or unconsciously pushes) people into traditionally "female" and "male" roles? Jobs?

I believe there is quite a bit of push in eduation to try to drive people into gender specific jobs and roles, when there are certain types of jobs that both genders can take, regardless of it sounding like a job that the opposite gender would normally work in.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, I don't really think the educational system does this as people of all gender are allowed to study whatever they like and which ever profession they might be interested in. But this would certainly be a background issue as many parents are not really supportive of what their kids might choose as a profession and thus impose a totally different career path on their kids.

When I was a kid , there are certain jobs that a man can do while a woman cannot do and vice versa but the education system has changed a lot of our orientation about gender difference holding and doing a particular , back then the male cannot work as a hairdresser but currently males are into hair dressing.

I think this was a thing years ago but is not the case anymore. Most of the time, if a girl says she wants to be a traditionally masculine role, most people don't think anything of it. One of the best welders in my state is a woman.

I just think people are beginning to discover that you will this is really does not have to belong to a particular agenda before you can succeed in a kind of job and I think that is progress to be honest.

I don't really think that educational system has allowed the gender to stuy whatever them want, so this days what a men are doing a woman is doing also you can see that both men an women are into hare dressers.

Well, once you are pushed into a certain job you are either new to, it is really good to learn from the scratch to be able to understand the system of the job which might take you time to settle.

My take on this is that the educational system as we have seen it,is not structured to make or give advantage to certain gender,the prospect to acheive anything you wants to is based on the individual preference.

Actually in some countries there are people who do study well to achieve a specific career or role in life but at the end of the day, they are been pushed to a career they do not work or wanted.

Well, I don't really think the educational system does this as people of all gender are allowed to study whatever they like and which ever profession they might be interested in. But this would certainly be a background issue as many parents are not really supportive of what their kids might choose as a profession and thus impose a totally different career path on their kids.
I agree with you Sincer. Even in my country there is no discrimination of career pursuing among the learning fraternity and so is the job placement.

To what extent do you think that the educational system tries to push (or unconsciously pushes) people into traditionally "female" and "male" roles? Jobs?

I believe there is quite a bit of push in eduation to try to drive people into gender specific jobs and roles, when there are certain types of jobs that both genders can take, regardless of it sounding like a job that the opposite gender would normally work in.
I believe that this was the case with nurses but the stigma has gradually started to undergo a paradigm shift with male nurses becoming more and more prevalent. This also could apply to politics as well, but that’s another topic for another day

Well, once you are pushed into a certain job you are either new to, it is really good to learn from the scratch to be able to understand the system of the job which might take you time to settle.
When you find yourself in a situation where youbare being pushed into a certain job role by your education or your trade , then you have to try and settle down to know the job well once it's a it's paying job .

We live in a country where what you learn is not what you practice on the field. If you complain a lot too you wouldn't get a place to work. One has to obliged with any rules and regulations.

Well based on your opinion am beginning to think if the various countries have different educational systems and policies. in my home country, there is nothing of such nature all genders are allowed to study what the want.

This has been observered especially in some certain sector like the nursing proffession,one has always found out that this proffession is mostly dominated by the females,and there is a form of stereotype role they usually give to persons in this profession.

I quite agree with you though. There's a level of reorientation that must be done in our educational system to remove some bias thinking or the other what nots that might lead to something like this.

Most of the time, if a girl says she wants to be a traditionally masculine role, most people don't think anything of it. One of the best welders in my state is a woman.
There's a level of reorientation that must be done in our educational system to remove some bias thinking or the other what nots that might lead to something like this.

This has been observered especially in some certain sector like the nursing proffession,one has always found out that this proffession is mostly dominated by the females,and there is a form of stereotype role they usually give to persons in this profession.
I have also noticed that most of the nursing roles and jobs are dominated by women , at least they (females) takes about ninety seven percent of the job role while the men are few at nursing jobs .

I have a friend who read law and now he works in a barbershop.if you are forced into a career that you are unfamiliar with, it is best to start from beginning and study the ins and outs of it before you can settle into it.

The educational system we have is only trying to manufacture clerks or low ranking workers. If you want to break this chain you will have to learn better courses, which require a lot of money.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds