Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Profile Customization Options

Advertisement Placeholder
On Jcink, you can customize the profile however you want through the use of HTML templates. I still use the default HTML template for the main profile because I don't mind it. If I were to add additional customization options I'd probably allow users to change the style of their profile with CSS, probably add a cover photo, and maybe add percentage bars for how many skills they possess in relation to my niche.

Plugins you are able to get for ideas and customization options to what IPB offers, Maybe add your own music on your profile. Still, you can go overboard thought, too much can be so pooped. Clean looking is still key but have that freedom option. Not all members will feel that way or want to share information about them on their profile.

I am going to answer this question with an old SMF mod Ultimate Profile. https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=1675

This mod basically turned your forum profile into a mini myspace page. It had everything, the ability to customize your page however you want, profile comments, likes/dislikes, media player, friends top page, and many more features.

I feel like the more someone can customize their profile the better and it kind of promotes community building.

I know Xenforo has some of these features by default, but I haven't seen anything completely like Ultimate Profile on any forum software recently.

I am going to answer this question with an old SMF mod Ultimate Profile. https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=1675

This mod basically turned your forum profile into a mini myspace page. It had everything, the ability to customize your page however you want, profile comments, likes/dislikes, media player, friends top page, and many more features.

I feel like the more someone can customize their profile the better and it kind of promotes community building.

I know Xenforo has some of these features by default, but I haven't seen anything like completely like Ultimate Profile on any forum software in todays world.
Is there a working demo for this? Would love to see it. XenForo doesn't have anything near those customization options.

Is there a working demo for this? Would love to see it. XenForo doesn't have anything near those customization options.
Here is a very old example from SMF 1.1x
1690840832450.png

I believe due to compatibility issues it will not work with PHP 8 possibly even 7. Tried installing on my local forum and no go.

Edit: I stand corrected, I found a forum using it on SMF 2.0.19 - https://forum.melonland.net/

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds