Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Customizing Account Details

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Do you ever add any custom account details on your community for user profiles? I know here on Admin Junkies one custom one we've added was Discord. I remember back on older softwares they all had AIM, YIM, MSN, and it wasn't really customizable. I like that we do that!

Have you thought of any different custom profile fields you could add? As a user, do you look at profile details really?

Mine has some weird ones no one seems to use. Ill have to do some cleanup :D

Like, fb gaming. guilded, hmmm

On mine, the "About" tab on the profile page gives some custom data collected during sign up of telescope types, experience level and time involved in field.
It also is a good place to pick up on most likely bot/spammers. The 3rd one has what appears to be a "username" entry in the telescope field and then uses the default of the next two fields. Pretty good chance that third is a spammer/bot and is being watched.

Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 8.48.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 8.48.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 8.48.57 PM.png

Yeah, but do people really make that fuss doing it ;P I mean cover image upload and some great styles to do ;) but at the end of the day, people spent more time on the forums than on your profile :)

I usually fill out the "website" and "experience" fields. I don't always fill out "about me", "birth date", "social accounts", "location", etc.

I usually don't add extra account details, I will disable old deprecated ones if the software itself doesn't remove them. There's still some platforms that have AIM listed and even Google Plus which they've been gone for a while now lol.

but at the end of the day, people spent more time on the forums than on your profile
I have rarely visited a users profile on a forum I'm a participant at. But on my own, I do regularly check them for certain clues of not being "real" users.
I think IPS/Invision shows visitors to your profile page as a default.

I think for the most part doing these on a profile for the stock fields is not that useful. It wasn’t back in the day when more apps did this.

But when you start doing things like in roleplay where you have characters with profiles, things get more interesting because you can do things like I’ve done before, to set up Pinterest and Spotify fields for mood boards/playlists for those characters to set the mood when writing.

I think for the most part doing these on a profile for the stock fields is not that useful. It wasn’t back in the day when more apps did this.

But when you start doing things like in roleplay where you have characters with profiles, things get more interesting because you can do things like I’ve done before, to set up Pinterest and Spotify fields for mood boards/playlists for those characters to set the mood when writing.
Love the idea of mood boards and playlists! Helps everyone get more into the role! :) Makes sense to have a space to share those pieces!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds