Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Price of Premium Membership

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
I took a look at digitalpoint and they charge $125 per year for Premium Membership. What do you think the price of premium membership depends on, how much is too much to charge and how much is too little?

Advertisement Placeholder
$125 a month on a site with a social presence like digital point would probably have every right to charge that amount.

Getting a do-follow link on the site alone is worth it :p

Digital Point charges $25/m or if you pay yearly $125. If you think about it, that's a huge discount.
By WebGuruBB standards, once I am done with all the new Premium functions and features, I will be charging $2.50/m or $20/year.

By digital point's standard view, I am charging a hell of a lot more than they are if you where to put it in perspective of capita.

I believe $2.50/m is fairly affordable and at the same time it at least lets the site generate revenue in order to keep it online.

Now if I where charging $25/m for the amount of users or content we currently have, that's when you say it is to much.

You also have to realize that Digital Point as hundreds of thousands of users. And at that, thousands of them do actually pay the $125 price tag. So I guess it is up to the users. It all depends on what they are willing to pay. And since they do, I do not see him lowering it at all :p

True. Although digitalpoint isn't the forum it once was. It's marketplace is not as active and a number of the boards have topics filled with useless 5 word replies. There isn't the wealth of knowledge on DP there once was. I can see that $125 would have been reasonable a couple of years ago when they were very active but not now.

Although digitalpoint isn't the forum it once was.
Agreed, if only users would seek out content based on quality as opposed to popularity.
The internet is full of "obscure" quality sites, while popular sites draw more and more.

True. Although digitalpoint isn't the forum it once was. It's marketplace is not as active and a number of the boards have topics filled with useless 5 word replies. There isn't the wealth of knowledge on DP there once was. I can see that $125 would have been reasonable a couple of years ago when they were very active but not now.
Agreed, if only users would seek out content based on quality as opposed to popularity.
The internet is full of "obscure" quality sites, while popular sites draw more and more.

Oh ya, I have to agree with you on that one too.
There was a thread where one guy was asking for help on HTML. All anyone said was you should learn some of the basic html before you do anything. Sure 1-2 replies of someone saying it is good, but just to have a bunch of people continue to say the same thing over and over again was really pointless. Nonetheless, I provided him with all the answers to the questions he asked. And yet there was still people after me still saying the same thing to the prior people :/

Thread:
https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...ts-of-an-html-template.2679929/#post-18733310

It all depends on what do you get from paying fro premium membership. There used to be days where you would pay just to have a different color username, a special rank and a secret board. Now you need to do a lot more to satisfy premium members :)

DigitalPoint is a great forum (use to be a lot better), but even so I don't think I could fork out that kind of money from an upgraded membership. I know they have their running costs and whatnot, but it just seems a little expensive. 25$ a month if you pay singularly again seems over the top. If you look at the features you get, they aren't all that amazing.

To me, how much you charge depends on what you offer in return, and the popularity of your site. For example, a small site (which is still on shared hosting, and is not that popular) is:

1) Not taking as much money to keep up
2) Less likely to offer much in return for the money

In this case I would not charge much as I do not needs loads and loads of money for the site, nor do I tihnk people would be likely to pay more than $5 either. However, if my site was more popular (and required either a VPS or dedicated server), I offered worthwhile items in exchange for the money and there was a good chance of people purchasing it, then I would charge a little more.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds