Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Prefer small or big sites?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
When it comes to choosing a community to settle down in, do you tend to head for the smaller, more compact communities or do you like the large, sprawling communities?

I personally prefer the smaller communities, I feel like I have more of a say and I can get to actually engage with everyone instead of maybe 3 people out of 10,000.

Advertisement Placeholder
When it comes to forums, I prefer them smaller, because just like in "real life" I get nervous around crowds. Also I feel like that on bigger forums you don't have a voice or it's lost among the rest of the screaming folk, unlike on the smaller forums.

For me, I find that I engage better in small communities. It's like a close-knitted neighborhood — everyone knows everyone and it's easy to voice out your thoughts. It's also really satisfying to see such a community grow.

Larger userbase? As in FB or Twitter ? I personally dont feel myself enjoying on them, though professionally, things are different out there.

Forums - yes, I love when the community is more interactive - no matter what the number is, and I personally feel happy when we discuss things between us. I love to read the views, opinions and also the tips provided by others and hence the larger the userbase, the better. But unfortunately, of late, I wasnt on the right forums as though they had a bigger set of users, the interaction was lesser and they were more confined to interacting with their existing set of friends - which in my opinion, kills the fun I am looking for,

Websites - though professionally, more traffic and interaction on a website is good from "earnings" aspects, when developing, I prefer to go with small sized websites

I am someone who much prefers the small communities where I know I can get in and be noticed without being one of the long standing members and be able to interact with others without feeling like I am getting in the way. I have on a few occasions gone onto big forums and attempted to get involved and sometimes it can feel like you don't belong, because after a while they kind of become a close knit family with members who have been there a while. I think it's a shame that once they become big they do not really feel like they need to treat their new members as equal.

I prefer smaller community, as long as the community is a good one.

When you interact in a small community, you tend to interact better (at least that is the case for me).

I go for both, I like going with small communities to build with them as a community.

I also go to big communities, to chat with a lot of people.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds