Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Powerful Laptop Yet Affordable?

carlalexander

Credits
Hey guys, does any one of you know where I can find an affordable laptop yet powerful enough for say less than $300. 1TB hard disk, i3 and above, dual core will be very ideal. I don't mind buying second hand too. Searched eBay but the results are in the 1,000s. Any help will be geatly appreciated, just point me to the right direction. Cheers.

Advertisement Placeholder
Hey guys, does any one of you know where I can find an affordable laptop yet powerful enough for say less than $300. 1TB hard disk, i3 and above, dual core will be very ideal. I don't mind buying second hand too. Searched eBay but the results are in the 1,000s. Any help will be geatly appreciated, just point me to the right direction. Cheers.

I honestly don't think you'd be able to get one for around that price. Maybe around $500-600, but not at $300.

You may want to see if you can directly get an ex-lease laptop or something. I agree with JLogan, the cheapest you are likely to find this for is $500-$600 as the cheapest I would find that in NZ for is $700-$800NZD.

Its better to find it offline with that price range, maybe from a friend or a friend's friend, online it will be much difficult to find in that price range.
Also maybe you should visit a store that sells used electronics.

When I buy a PC or a Laptop, I try getting one of the best or the best.

So if you got a good one for that cheap, nice :)

You could probably find one on sale at your local electronics store for $300. Honestly the average good laptop will cost around $400 but if you can find one on sale that would be great.

I doubt you will find one with an i3, 1TB, but I have found a Dell 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD and intel celeron processor. If your interested, I will show you.

You could probably find one on sale at your local electronics store for $300. Honestly the average good laptop will cost around $400 but if you can find one on sale that would be great.

I highly doubt that one can get a good laptop for $300 even if it is on sale. However, you can always buy used laptop for around $200-$300.

Some of the Lenovo laptops have decent specs for their prices. And TigerDirect usually has a $5000ish medium gaming laptop on sale every now and then.

Honestly, at that price point, you would be far better served getting an AMD APU system. Just avoid Core i3s at all costs. Stick to a quad-core APU and you'll be laughing. :)

Honestly, at that price point, you would be far better served getting an AMD APU system. Just avoid Core i3s at all costs. Stick to a quad-core APU and you'll be laughing. :)
You can actually grab Core i3s from prebuilt PCs and laptops at ridiculously low costs. I just encountered a desktop on clearance with a decent dual core i3. The cost of the desktop is lower than the CPU value itself. :p It includes an internal dvd player, case, and media dock (USBs, etc). And you have the benefit of being able to upgrade your CPU up to an i7 in the future.

As for AMD hardware, I don't understand why anyone would purchase them unless you're going custom. :p The prices are only slightly lower than the Intel counterparts. It seems to be easier to find good deals on Intel laptops and desktops if you're buying in-store. (I always prefer to physically purchase than order. Local electronic stores have price-matching with online stores such as Amazon, so prices have become less of a problem when buying in-store.) Personally, I like Intel's software interfaces over AMD.

Overall, I'm not out here to bash AMD. If you're out to build a performance-based computer, then AMD will definitely get you more out of your budget. This is a plus for gamers. But if this is just for everyday use, you'll be more comfortable with Intel's products.

He's after a laptop. You don't want to go with a Core i3 even with a desktop, let alone a laptop model. Stick with an AMD quad-core APU, or a mobile Core i5 (which is just a desktop Core i3), and nothing lower.

The answer is simple. A mobile AMD APU will give you performance in-between the i3 and i5, while offering massively superior integrated graphics at the same time. And the thermal range is exactly the same.

He's after a laptop. You don't want to go with a Core i3 even with a desktop, let alone a laptop model. Stick with an AMD quad-core APU, or a mobile Core i5 (which is just a desktop Core i3), and nothing lower.

The answer is simple. A mobile AMD APU will give you performance in-between the i3 and i5, while offering massively superior integrated graphics at the same time. And the thermal range is exactly the same.
But at that range, you'll be missing out on all the discounts and savings offered for i3s. As I said, if this is just for everyday use, then there is no reason to go with AMD.

There is. Much better performance for the money. Mobile Core i3s are pretty lame.
There isn't much better performance without a monetary cost, even with AMD. :p You're more likely to encounter a better discount on Intel CPUs, since they are a large part of the low-end market too.

There isn't much better performance without a monetary cost, even with AMD. :p You're more likely to encounter a better discount on Intel CPUs, since they are a large part of the low-end market too.

You can get a decent AMD-powered laptop with a quad-core for the same price as an awful Pentium or Core i3. And also with the added benefit of a much better IGPU too. I'd much rather go that route since the GPU can't be replaced but the CPU can. And if you go with something more powerful to start off with, you won't need to change either. :)

You can get a decent AMD-powered laptop with a quad-core for the same price as an awful Pentium or Core i3. And also with the added benefit of a much better IGPU too. I'd much rather go that route since the GPU can't be replaced but the CPU can. And if you go with something more powerful to start off with, you won't need to change either. :)

Thus is not at all true. You could get a mid to high i5 CPU laptop for £230+ on sale. In comparison, the AMDs at that range usually compare with the i3s.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds