Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Popularity vs Activity?

Naiwen

Reputable member
Credits
I personally don't even care if it's only 1 member posting, as long as they are regular and active on my community as opposed to popularity.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think we'd all like our sites to be popular, but most of us will settle for ongoing activity :)

By popularity, I'm guessing you mean something like member count? Such as a forum with 10k members and 1k posts against a forum with 1k members and 10k posts?
I would prefer activity, it's nice to have a good community who keep things ticking over by remaining active.

Popularity and activity can sometimes go hand-in-hand. The more your board is noticed, the more likely people will use it to engage with fellow members. Of course, there are exceptions to this, such as for instance, having a feature on your forum that people flock to your board for and builds up the popularity of your board. As an example, I have a skin generator on my board and it's the only one I know that exists on the Jcink software, this may make my board a little more popular, but not necessarily active. If you are popular due to your source of content, then I think you may have hit the jackpot.

By popularity, I'm guessing you mean something like member count? Such as a forum with 10k members and 1k posts against a forum with 1k members and 10k posts?
I would prefer activity, it's nice to have a good community who keep things ticking over by remaining active.
Yep exactly that.

Honestly.. I set my site up or me. If others join or participate, then that is great. But in the mean time, it gives ME a site to post my content..and to me, that is all that is required. ;)

I have money.. I have time.... and I enjoy sharing my journey. That's all I care about. Could it be done via blog.. you bet your ass. But could others share their joy of the field as easily from a blog... no way.

Honestly.. I set my site up or me. If others join or participate, then that is great. But in the mean time, it gives ME a site to post my content..and to me, that is all that is required. ;)

I have money.. I have time.... and I enjoy sharing my journey. That's all I care about. Could it be done via blog.. you bet your ass. But could others share their joy of the field as easily from a blog... no way.
I see, so a personal blog maybe?

As much as I would love to see my forums popular, having activity that is daily and ongoing would be better for me at first and we could work on possibly having a popular forum at a later time. The most difficult thing to get in the beginning is solid activity, once you have that and it's regular you will grow.

The forum activity is the key thing for me as well. I want to see the forum very active instead of being popular and having less posts by members. That is how you get to build a better forum with every new member seeing how active the forum is.
Member count matters less to me personally at least anyways as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds