Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Popularity vs Activity?

Naiwen

Reputable member
Credits
I personally don't even care if it's only 1 member posting, as long as they are regular and active on my community as opposed to popularity.

Advertisement Placeholder
A couple of active members is all a forum needs to have conversations flowing, a bit of loyalty is a big thing.

I'd rather see a few people posting (even if just one) than no one. It's nice to have a community large enough to sustain itself with activity, though.

Speaking of activity, I need to get more active on my own forum!!

I'd rather see a few people posting (even if just one) than no one. It's nice to have a community large enough to sustain itself with activity, though.

Speaking of activity, I need to get more active on my own forum!!
The owner should be the one creating the most content personally.

You're right for sure. There for a while, I was on track. Then work got into the way and now I've been sick (nothing long term). I hope to get back into an activity swing here shortly.

And sometimes we have to step back and ask ourselves why we go inactive. I decided to leave another forum (leave as staff not as a member) to help myself focus more on my things.

I've also decided to close other forums down to focus more on this one, which I think is the best one to keep around. I do have one other forum that I might try to make work but I'm really critical about it doing anything again. It used to be my "big board" at one time.

I was also blogging on two blogs every single day for about 100 days straight. Now that I've adjusted it to a few posts a week rather than one a day, I should give myself more time.

Damn right you do!! 🤣

I agree :D

You're right for sure. There for a while, I was on track. Then work got into the way and now I've been sick (nothing long term). I hope to get back into an activity swing here shortly.

And sometimes we have to step back and ask ourselves why we go inactive. I decided to leave another forum (leave as staff not as a member) to help myself focus more on my things.

I've also decided to close other forums down to focus more on this one, which I think is the best one to keep around. I do have one other forum that I might try to make work but I'm really critical about it doing anything again. It used to be my "big board" at one time.

I was also blogging on two blogs every single day for about 100 days straight. Now that I've adjusted it to a few posts a week rather than one a day, I should give myself more time.

I agree :D
I understand you, @Shawn Gossman, I've taken a few breaks there and there, especially since now that I have sometimes panic attacks and lucid dreams at night so yeah. My health has been declining.

It depends on the lifecycle of the community.

I personally don't even care if it's only 1 member posting, as long as they are regular and active on my community as opposed to popularity.
I'm going to challenge you on this.

Its not about popularity.

It's not about activity either, which is a shallow metrics and means you're falling into the engagement trap:
https://invisioncommunity.com/news/...ngagement-trap-and-what-to-do-about-it-r1168/
It's about value. What kinds of value are you trying to deliver and measure for your objectives?

It depends on the lifecycle of the community.

I'm going to challenge you on this.

Its not about popularity.

It's not about activity either, which is a shallow metrics and means you're falling into the engagement trap:
https://invisioncommunity.com/news/...ngagement-trap-and-what-to-do-about-it-r1168/
It's about value. What kinds of value are you trying to deliver and measure for your objectives?
I think this quote from your article is the best:

Independent communities that focus on the hard, difficult work of offering communities of indispensable value will always find growth.

Value over everything else. Content is king when it provides value.

Every time a member of your community leaves your community, they should have value to take with them. And more value should be present every time they return.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds