Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Planning to keep things fresh

Credits
For most people, having a forum or a website is a hobby which is worked on in free time and to develop new skills. As time goes on, you want to keep things fresh and you start implementing new things, whether that be new themes, add-ons, competitions, forum categories etc...

We all have lives, families, jobs... so when you're thinking about new ideas, how long do you take to plan and implement these things? Is it something you work on over a certain period of time before you're 100% or are you someone who thinks of an idea and puts it into action quickly on a whim?

I know back when I owned a forum, I was very guilty of thinking up an idea and implementing it the same day without any real thought going into it, probably had a new theme every week!
I think if I were to take on a forum now, I would definitely spend time planning to make sure it was the right decision.

Advertisement Placeholder
I am very impulsive sometimes when it comes to ideas. On one hand I take my time and ask for advise or rethink the idea in a couple of days/weeks. On the other hand, when I come up with something I want to implement it immediately because sometimes I'm excited about it and other times I'm scared I would forget about the initial idea and end up with something completely different or just simply don't remember how I was gonna do it in the first place.

My head is crazy about ideas sometimes and I can come up with something in the middle of the night or when I'm dreaming lol. Most of my ideas come in the weekend though.

I'm weird about ideas. Some of the ideas I have, I have had for *years* and I know aren't ready, but stay in the melting pot to simmer. Others I act fairly impulsively on, but usually these ones don't last.

After blogging for years, I started creating forums with just one purpose, to earn Adsense revenue. I did not create forums as a hobby. However, things are not going as planned.
One thing with making money through Google Adsense is that it never pays well enough. Even though that it's the best bet when it comes to the best paying option with ads. Google also make it very frustrating for website owners in looks for any slight opportunity to block or ban their Adsense account.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds