Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Paying staff members?

Hissae21

Credits
Does anyone here pay their forum staff, or is it all volunteers? On my forum all my staff are volunteers and they are staff because they enjoy being on the forum. Volunteer staff are often better than paid staff in my opinion because they are there because they are interested in the forum, not for the money. But I have heard of some forums paying their staff. What do you think of this?

Advertisement Placeholder
I do a bit of both. I run a few forums as well as image hosting sites and blogs. The bulk of the work I handle myself and most members who want to be "staff" or "mod" do it without asking anything in return because they like having extra power on the forum. I have a few people I give pay to though but that is for internal stuff.

Paying staff members is something I have never done. I have always believed in offering staff positions for people who wish to volunteer and for people who enjoy the site and want to contribute. I have on a few occasions been approached for paying jobs but I have always explained what I offer.

I agree. I also don't know of any forums that pay their staff.

I feel like if the forum is run the right way, people will beg to be on staff just for the power. I see it on them all the time.

Right now, my staff member were all volunteers. If I was making enough profit of my forum, I would pay my staff members. I'm glad people gave up there time to help my community it shows they are interested in helping my online community. I don't know any online forums which pay staff members

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds